• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

current mess we are cleaning up

trainwreck

the mud slide we are cleaning up on this job is 500-600 feet wide and in places it is 30-40 feet thick. we are in a town called Oakridge Oregon the high temp today was 20 with about a 30 mph wind.
we were call on saturday after noon to come help the rail road with this, it then took the next 30 hours to plow the 6-8 feet of snow off 5 miles of logging road to get to the edge of the slide. we were using a d8h, d5c and a 140g grader to clear snow.
today i started into the mud and tree mess, worked 10 hurs and made it 40 feet.so it sounds like we are going to be here a while.

equipment list

excavators
3 330
2 450
1 318 rubber tire with rail road wheels
1 210 rubber tire with rail road wheels
cats
1 d9g
1 d8h
1 d5c
1 650 john deere
graders
2 140g
loaders
1 988a
1 983b
trucks
2 kw tractors with lowboy trailers on stand by

here are the pics i have so far
http://www.budandraven.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2496

more pics on my web site and lots more to come

Attachments

• 200801_feilds 003.jpg
    200801_feilds 003.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 2,856
  • 200801_feilds 006.jpg
    200801_feilds 006.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,826
  • 200801_feilds 007.jpg
    200801_feilds 007.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 2,841

John H

Occupation
Arborist, Equipment operator
Looks like you'r going to be there a while

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Thanks for posting, I was wondering when you were going to get started on that project. Wonderful pics of a very hard task at hand.

Thanks
Trbo

trainwreck

lol this is not the one that i had posted before. this job i a big emergency thing for the rail road. we are working 7 days a week and about 12-14 hours a day.

i just posted more pics to my website. check them out

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Quite the pics.

Thanks again for sharing, quite a project non the less. How far from "anywhere" are you? What type of temps are you working in right now? From what I am gathering from your post and other pics you guys specialize in this type of work.
Thanks
Trbo

72V

Occupation
grader, cat, excavator hack
Did that happen on the big swithback between Oakridge and the summit? I'd heard some vague news stories about the line being blocked, but the bubbleheads don't give intelligent information on their broadcasts.

How's the POTB project going?

trainwreck

so they told us today the we have to move about 2.5 million yards of dirt to fix this.
the temp is mid 20s this week last week we had a high of 16 with 30 mph wind. oh and it snowed 2 feet this week so far.

the potb rail road job sounds like a no go at this point due to last of money.

trainwreck

more pics just added when my wounderfull wife comes down this weekend ill see if she can make to movies work.

oh yeah the equipment count is near 40 right now ill see if i can find a list ans post it some time

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Great pics, nice to see you making progress. How much longer to finsh? With an army of equipment there shouldn't take long. Thanks again.
Trbo

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Thought I'd bump this one back up. I'll be testing that track next week, hopefully wed. or thurs. I'll be able to get some new pics of that area and put them up here.

trainwreck

well that job lasted from mid jan. till late oct. and at one point had about 150 pieces of equipment on it, that includes equipment at mud dump sites,rock pits, and on the slide itself.