• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

current demo job

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
The garage, caught fire a month ago due to a branch falling from a pine tree onto an overhead power line

dsc00704xl.jpg

By coyote_243 at 2011-03-27

Tool of the day, a takeuchi tb53fr

dsc00705t.jpg

The space I have between the two garages, only one gets to go.

dsc00706u.jpg

One hour later, all in a big pile. 40yd. Can commin Wed morning.

dsc00710m.jpg

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
Nice work. Taking it down is the fun and fast part now to spent the next 4hrs munching it up to fit in the rolloff.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
roll off company calls tuesday while I'm settin at ritchies sale's drive thru arena... aparently 40's are not available, so a 30 came out bout 1 pm on wednesday, 3 hrs later is full and waiting on them to come switch it out. A 40 and it would have all fit.

Its amazing how well it compacts even with my little hoe when its ground up into spliters.

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
oh, whats a good weight for wood debris in a 30 yd can. Had 5.6 ton in the first can, and I'm going to guess 6 or 7 in the second and last one. No Metal of any amount or foundation material, maybe an old toilet & sink, but other than that, wood and shingles.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
6 or 7 is good we don't go over 8 tons normaly.

mitch504

We shoot for 7 tons in a 22yd half-round trailer, but we break the wood into pieces no bigger than about 18" while the trailer is gone, and can really pack it down with a 22-ton hoe. That is wood and any other trash that is in a house; but not the metal.

Nac

Occupation
Construction
I always figure 8 ton. The first container start at 5 the last is up to 11 so the avg. is 8

dirty4fun

Just finished tearing down an old house and most of the loads were 8 tons plus. Till I got to the bricks and concrete blocks that were the foundation. The floor joist and the rafters were logs with bark still attached. The foundation was three courses of red bricks and one row of concrete blocks. It had a stucco over the old siding with exposed rock look. There wasn't a crack in the stucco and was over an inch thick. All that weight with not much of a foundation holding it all up, through all the winters with the ground moving due to the frost. Amazing to see how some ot the older homes were built.

Wolf

Just finished tearing down an old house and most of the loads were 8 tons plus. Till I got to the bricks and concrete blocks that were the foundation. The floor joist and the rafters were logs with bark still attached. The foundation was three courses of red bricks and one row of concrete blocks. It had a stucco over the old siding with exposed rock look. There wasn't a crack in the stucco and was over an inch thick. All that weight with not much of a foundation holding it all up, through all the winters with the ground moving due to the frost. Amazing to see how some ot the older homes were built.

How old was that house that you knocked down? Was there anything good inside? Any opportunity to do salvage, or did it all get trashed and smashed up?

Wolf

Wow, sorry to hear about the fire though if it's yours. It does look like a fun job though. I love demo with heavy machinery.

Oh yeah, demo with heavy machinery. Ain't nothing as much fun as that. What kind of stuff have you demo'ed? Any pictures? What kind of equipment do you run for demo?