• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Curb Hooks

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Never heard the term, what are curb hooks?:confused:

JSD

Slide over curb to hold a string line for checking subgrade in streets and parking areas.

I've always heard them called curb hooks because of a small point or hook that grabs the back of the curb to keep them from being catapulted by a tight string.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Now that memory has been jogged, there is a thread on the Forums about those, somewhere. In the past I just used mason's twine and two bricks. Tie the twine through one of the three holes in the brick and hang it over the back of the curb. The bricks are heavy enough to keep the twine tight. Most of the base and paving crews in our area use this simple tool.

Last edited: