• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cummins PT Pump Video

Truck Shop

Here is a good video explaining the operation of the Cummins PT Pump. Even though it's a old engine some
people might find it useful.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I have seen quite a few Indian movies like that explaining things I want to know about. Some of them are hard to understand the narrator but that one is pretty good. I wonder when or why it was made? The video production seems more modern than any PT stuff I have seen.

Truck Shop

It's one of the better videos on the subject I think BV. I have had a few pm's about PT pumps and what a smaller button does, so I just refer them to this video it explains it fully.

Truck Shop

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
It's one of the better videos on the subject I think BV. I have had a few pm's about PT pumps and what a smaller button does, so I just refer them to this video it explains it fully.

Truck Shop
It does a very good job of explaining this whole mystery that some people don't understand, but think a "bigger" button is going to get them more power.

Truck Shop

I remember years ago when rolling bearings in a 855 in a logger if you found the bottom rod bearings were showing signs of copper-dead give away the pump had been shimmed for 24/2500 rpm.
Never mind the vise grip on the return line.

Truck Shop