• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cummins 262- 220

petepilot

have a look at these pics. looking up from under`bottom end of a nh that sat for at least a year full of water` to the point it ran out of the rt.acc. drive when I winched it on to the trailer. won`t turn as of now but i believe it will loosen up. could have some bad gears in the rt. acc dr`. seal is out for sure. looks worth more digging to me . comments?????DSCN1286.JPG DSCN1289.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN1295.JPG
    DSCN1295.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1292.JPG
    DSCN1292.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 15

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
I think it’ll loosen up. Doesn’t look all that bad to me. Water is one thing. Nasty sludge and mud would be another.

Tenwheeler

Does the crankshaft have end play? does every rod have side play on the crank?
I thank you should be able to hook a line in between the oil pump and filter. Connect it to an oil pump and pressure feed everything before you ever spin the crank.
Lube the cam and rollers also.

petepilot

Does the crankshaft have end play? does every rod have side play on the crank?
I thank you should be able to hook a line in between the oil pump and filter. Connect it to an oil pump and pressure feed everything before you ever spin the crank.
Lube the cam and rollers also.
have`nt even touched a rod yet. don`t know if they will move or not will get into that tomorrow` had to stop for another crisis

Truck Shop

The crank pins are probably good because those were not exposed to the air I'm guessing.