• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CTL80 bypassed lap bar

Hf22

Bought a 2006 CTL80 turbo not too long ago. Had a shop finish putting back together/get running a machine that had been apart for a year or two after engine rebuild. But the motor is not the issue.
The fuel shutoff has been bypassed to a switch as I’ve seen is normal and the engine runs great. However, either the previous owner or the shop completely disabled parking/lap bar switch. As soon as the machine is on the hydraulics are active. I had seen someone in another forum mention they had the same issue as me and traced it to a safety solenoid near the left joystick.

I did notice in the fuel shutoff bypass they ran a wire from that joystick region of the machine into the same switch. I’m curious if anyone has ever seen that before? It makes sense mentally that if the fuel bypass switch has to be on to run, and the safety solenoid was spliced to bypass off the same switch, that it could be the root of my issue?
Additionally I do know of the failing solder on the safety bar solenoids, which I presume is why it was bypassed in the first place, and if this is the source of my issue then I’ll look into that.
Of course I thought of this while I’m currently away from the machine and unable to test any theories.

Hf22

IMG_4627.png
To be specific, it’s wired to part 181003, listed as 3-8 on the picture provided. It’s a valve block that has a postive and negative coming off the top of it just to the left of 3-2, and one of the wires is ran into the same switch as the fuel shutoff bypass. I don’t need a definite answer just trying to see if anyone thinks I’m headed down the right path before I dive in the rabbit hole this coming weekend.