• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CS56 Won't start when hot

Will not start when hot

• Enjectors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • shut off switch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
If it's a CS56B then the engine is a C4.4. A Serial Number would confirm.
If it is a C4.4 then the favourites for a lack of hot starting (from the cheapest fix to the most expensive) would generally be as follows:-
1. Rail Pressure Relief Valve.
2. Injectors.
3. Injector Pump.

In my experience these engines react VERY badly to dirty fuel filters and/or a lack of timely fuel system maintenance. This includes draining the water and cr@p from the tank on a regular basis.

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums Leroy.

Take a minute and tell us about what you do and what you use that CS56B for.

Leroy Miller

Serial number is C5S00955 and it has a C6.6 engine . Filters were the first thing we done. New vent in fuel cap seemed like it wasn't allowing air in the tank. There are no codes coming up. I know injectors are likely but also wondered about a fuel shutoff solenoid or something of that nature .

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Rail pressure relief valve is most likely, injectors second.

There is no shutoff solenoid. The injectors are electronic, when the key is turned off it cuts power to them.

I have a nasty feeling you’ll be in for the trifecta of relief valve, injectors, & a pump. We had CS56s on the last job and iirc it happened on a couple of them. We found the root cause to be water in the fuel tank.

Has the fuel tank ever been drained of water to the best of your knowledge.? If not then maybe start there. It’s not going to fix anything but it will stop nasty things happening to the new replacement parts that you end up fitting.

Last edited: