• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CRUSHER BUCKETS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGODGR

I have an MB BF 70.2 crusher bucket and would like to start a discussion about them (or at least crusher buckets). I am using it for crushing on-site shot rock, or hammered rock, into a use-able product (structural fill, road base, or backfill). I have been having some issues with it and I can't seem to find any source of information or support. The support from MB is almost non-existant. I can call and get parts but there is no fruit when it comes to getting any answers as to why I'm having the issues that I am. I would absolutely love to have a disussion with other owners/users of this, or similar products, to share insights and knowledge. Please chime in/introduce yourself if you think you have something to contribute to this topic. I am more than willing to share what information I have gathered in return.
I have had mine for about a year and have crushed limestone, sandstone, gneiss rock, granite and concrete. I have replaced several toggles (always break at the weld of the narrower end (at the jaw support), have already been through a set of dies (seem to have worn out very quickly), have replaced the bushing at the end of the preload shaft (recommendation of MB to address the toggles breaking), and I am now seeing cracks on the jaw support (at the corners of the rectangular pocket that holds the toggle). Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.