• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crusher Bars

bean

Anyone have experience with crusher bars inside of the housing like the ones keystone makes pictured below? How well do they work?

Attachments

• crusherbar1.jpg
    crusherbar1.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 434
  • Gradation Bar 001.jpg
    Gradation Bar 001.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 418
  • Gradation Bar 003.jpg
    Gradation Bar 003.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 412
  • Gradation Bar 004.jpg
    Gradation Bar 004.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 432

Toegrinder

Occupation
Milling Foreman
This is the first time I have ever heard of or seen them. Not a bad idea I suppose...until the day somebody hits something with them attached... :-/

bean

Wirtgen and possibly others make a "Breaker Beam" which rides on the road ahead of the drum with hydraulic down pressure to prevent chunks from "popping" up. I have seen similar on older bitteli machines aswell minus the hydraulic down pressure. I have heard from different contractors that these do not work that great, changes in asphalt can render them ineffective.