• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crawlers I photo'd recently.

Truck Shop

Headed out Sunday morning to my friends farm near Starbuck just south of the Snake River.
About 28 miles in no where land. He has a truck he wants me to lengthen the frame so I
need to look at it. But while I'm there he has a few crawlers and so does his dad, so will get
some photos of those.

Truck Shop

About those crawlers I photo'd today.
First one-Dwight run it out of the barn where it had been setting for the last {almost} two years.
It hadn't been started since parked inside, didn't even make a full turn and fired. Repowered with
a DI-3306-1969 if he remembered correctly D6C with a added lower front counter weight for
pulling a large cultivator. Because it is a straight stack he ran it up a incline and poured the fuel to it,
has a real nice growl to the stack. The undercarriage, finals, cooling system have all been gone
through at his farm shop, helps to be a EX Cat mechanic.

100_1858.JPG100_1859.JPG100_1860.JPG100_1862.JPG

Truck Shop

Out in a barn across the road sets this antique. RD6 that hasn't turned a sprocket in decades.
It was here when he took over the farm. A 3 cylinder with a access port for hand crank plus
the pony motor, hand crank was still there laying in the dirt. But one unusual thing, this still
has the accessory drive on the back to run a belt powered thrasher. He figures it hasn't run
or moved since 1970 or so. Dark in barn so photos are not the greatest with my cheap camera.

100_1864.JPG100_1865.JPG100_1866.JPG100_1867.JPG

Truck Shop

This JD-36B early hill side combine was setting in back of barn. Note in one photo the left side
rack & pinion system for the leveler, the header was always on the up hill side only one side
had the rack. L & I would love this today. Dwight said there is so much square link chain
laying buried in the fields your constantly finding some dragging on a chisel point.

100_1879.JPG100_1876.JPG100_1877.JPG100_1878.JPG

Truck Shop

If you've never heard one run you are in for a treat .
Bad Bob
No I've never heard one running, the pony turns and it didn't look like it has been altered or
messed up. If we do it I will remove carb and tank clean it make sure it has compression first.
then see what happens. It would just set by his shop near the road as farm art.