• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crawler crane

Welder Dave

I stopped at the operating engineers training center today to enquire about getting some grader work done. I'm half a mile away. I asked about the large crawler crane they have sitting there off in the distance. Apparently crane operator has been a trade in Alberta for about 5 years. They got permission from the Gov't. training facility to offer training for the union. I know in the past they've brought machines in for training (like sidebooms) but they bought this crane new! I don't know the model but it's yellow, 85 ton and cost about 1.25 million! They have a bunch of other new machines too. They have a Cat RD4 that's been repainted (don't know if it's restored or not) and a Koehring 205 cable hoe that's also been repainted.