• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

crankcase filling with diesel

grandpa rich

I have a cat challenger 75c. I noticed the oil pressure gauge dropping so I checked the oil and found it was about 4" above the full mark. i changed the oil. and filter and put in a gallon of lucas. the engine had excellent pressure it did not smoke and pulled well, but after about 4 hours the same thing started happening again. Does anyone have any ideas?

grandpa rich

The injectors are internal on a c13 so if I am understanding this right the fuel is not even getting into the combustion chamber.

mitch504

Also could be a bad seal on the injector pump shaft.
And no, the diesel isn't reaching the combustion chamber.

big ben

Remove the valve cover and start the engine. It should not be hard to see which injector is leaking if its that bad. Also the fuel transfer pump mounted (most likely) on the front cover may also be causing issues.

02Dmax

Should just be a c12 or 3176 in that machine. Injector o-rings are a fairly common problem on those from my experience. If you see fuel coming out around one injector you might as well replace the o-rings on all the injectors while you're in there. Save time and money down the road especially if they're as big a pain to work on as the 45's and 55's.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

grandpa rich

there were actually 2 injectors that were leaking. the tractor is back in the field and working well. Thanks everyone for your help!

02Dmax

Glad to hear its fixed!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2