• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane Swing inop!

Jamie Cates

1996 National 562C no left or right swing function...
all other functions are operating normally
worked fine Monday pm when parked, inop Tuesday am
All help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance!!

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
If you are in a cold climate the swing drive will freeze. If the gear is facing up the seal will fail letting water into the drive then it can freeze. This happened me many time with an older boom truck I had

Jamie Cates

Earlier today, I disconnected The lines coming out of the swing valve and hooked them to the valve bank for the telescope in and out. It worked fine, I have not got deep enough into it yet, but I think there is something wrong with a seal or perhaps the spool inside that bank of the valve body. Thanks

HATCHEQUIP

Tradesmans hit it ,,seen it way to many times seal on swing shaft starts letting water in and it freezes and she want swing, get some heat on it with the drain plug out.

HATCHEQUIP

Guess im not understanding, are you saying that your hooking the swing motor to the telescope valve and that when you work the telescope control lever it will swing

HATCHEQUIP

Hook the swing back up and check pressures and are their any other functions on that valve group and how do those functions act

HATCHEQUIP

Just seems odd that swing section would take a dump overnight since those pumps are flooded on the suction side so its not a problem of that section not picking up the oil the following morning. Oh one more thing yours is a 3 section as stated not a two which some had.