• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane parts

Moonlite

115448F0-E8D1-496F-BC46-01B090071F55.jpeg 7E7AFB9A-39C2-4FE2-84EC-645EB07F96EF.jpeg BD52A7C5-AE88-4D77-B83F-0F6E578537C9.jpeg I’m looking for a source to get parts for the control panel or a complete panel

crane operator

Most guys go to a aftermarket system from cranesmart, or lsi, or hirschman. Hold onto your wallet, depending on the options you want- could easily spend $4-7,000, depending how much info you want displayed. A2b, Scale, boom length, boom angle, wind speed, etc.

On my older cranes, I generally mark boom length with stickers on the boom, install a manual / mechanical boom angle gauge, and buy a cranesmart radio scale. If you have a scale, boom angle and length, you should have all the info you need, to safely operate. Just the scale with display is usually $3,500- $4,000. Any additional sensors you want (A2B, boom angle) add at least $1,500 per sensor. Boom length is really expensive because the reels are really expensive. Last I priced it if you wanted all the info and it to work as a function cut out- you end up on the far side of $10,000.

The old krugers are pretty tough units, do you have any idea what is actually wrong with yours? I know that if you could find a good electrical repair man- it will be far cheaper to fix yours as put in new.

As far as I know- no parts are available for the old kruger's. Parts are becoming really hard to find for the Greer systems that were used after it. That's the reason everyone goes aftermarket- there are no parts available

Moonlite

Most guys go to a aftermarket system from cranesmart, or lsi, or hirschman. Hold onto your wallet, depending on the options you want- could easily spend $4-7,000, depending how much info you want displayed. A2b, Scale, boom length, boom angle, wind speed, etc.

On my older cranes, I generally mark boom length with stickers on the boom, install a manual / mechanical boom angle gauge, and buy a cranesmart radio scale. If you have a scale, boom angle and length, you should have all the info you need, to safely operate. Just the scale with display is usually $3,500- $4,000. Any additional sensors you want (A2B, boom angle) add at least $1,500 per sensor. Boom length is really expensive because the reels are really expensive. Last I priced it if you wanted all the info and it to work as a function cut out- you end up on the far side of $10,000.

The old krugers are pretty tough units, do you have any idea what is actually wrong with yours? I know that if you could find a good electrical repair man- it will be far cheaper to fix yours as put in new.

As far as I know- no parts are available for the old kruger's. Parts are becoming really hard to find for the Greer systems that were used after it. That's the reason everyone goes aftermarket- there are no parts available
Not really sure what is all wrong , was on site and customer said he wanted to get crane certified and that this didn’t work. You tap on it and needle pegs out or goes to zero. Says switches not working either.

crane operator

The best guy I've talked to is Bob Basil, Basil Crane parts. He used to work for PAT/ hirschman, and really knows his stuff- on the pat system, I've never worked with him on krueger. He sells computer systems and parts. If anyone knows whats available for parts, he will. If you get their salesman- he won't help troubleshoot, he just wants to sell new systems.

Forget getting anything from terex (they bought koering). You'd be wasting your time to call them (in my experience- you may have better luck).