• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

crane controls

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
I've had some down time this week, which for me is never good,my mind wanders and it usually costs me money. Any how I have seen more than my share of you tube videos and have seen numerous large modern friction cranes working and they all seem to have at least three controls on the right hand some have more, rather than me speculating I was hoping someone could educate me.
Ps. I spent a half an hour looking on different manufacturers web sights for an answer and no luck. I even googled this very question but again no luck. Please help me I'm not working till next Tuesday and I fear what I'll do in the meantime

crane operator

Good grief, you've been waiting all weekend and nobody's has helped you out. You need more equipment so you could amuse yourself with repair projects on the long weekend.

Most of the crawlers have 3 winches, one for the boom up and down, one for the block and one for the ball, or if dragline, bucket and fairlead. So in the interest of education and Mrs. tradesman's sanity:

left is front winch, center rear winch, far right is boom. Most of the time they'll have buttons on them or on the dash to switch from standard down on the winch, to free fall (if they have free fall).

Manitowoc11000-1-11001115-3_1.jpg

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
Are the winch controls dented it looks like sometimes they pull them right back and the stay there?