• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Crane Accident

bushcat

Occupation
heo
Had to do a road trip on Friday, took my camera to maybe catch a picture of some wildlife but all I got was a pic of this crane that had tipped over on a slippery corner. It was a 200 ton unit, supposedly the largest in the province. Don't know what they will use to get it upright! They were using it to place large precast concrete slabs on a new bridge, so now that will cause a delay.Wouldn't want to be that operator! Oh by the way in the last pic that was a company pickup sitting there with two guys in it and they were'nt smiling.

Attachments

• IMG_1748sm.jpg
    IMG_1748sm.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1751sm.jpg
    IMG_1751sm.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 583
  • IMG_1749sm.jpg
    IMG_1749sm.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_1755sm.jpg
    IMG_1755sm.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 582
  • IMG_1752sm.jpg
    IMG_1752sm.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 581

qball

Occupation
local 150 operator
if thats the largest, they are gonna need the second and third largest toget that pig on its feet. might as well grease the undercarriage while its on its side.

Cletus

Occupation
Operator of Older Equipment, Old Equipment Operato
It looks like he was realy rolling along and didn't see the intersection. Yes,exellent opportunity to grease!

ASPHALT04

Occupation
Owner / Doing whatever it takes to pay the bills!
Well at least maybe the snow cushioned some of the blow!!

Just glad its not my problem to upright!!