1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost of Operation for one-man forestry mulching operation

Discussion in 'Forestry Operations' started by Hummed46, Aug 27, 2018.

1. daveyclimber

daveyclimber Member

Its easy to write down projections of this and that but they rarely amount to reality. I recently started a mulching business about a year ago, buying wht appeared to be good equipment. A year later im nearly bankrupt, my contract took 3 times longer to complete due to mechanical brekdowns and **** poor manufacturers support. A skid steer is a toy when it come to mulching and it will be very difficult for you to turn a profit because those small machimes eat parts like nobodys business. My machines are large purpose built or converted units. I havent even worked this season due to repairs and backorders of parts. Wish you the best in your endeavor.

2. crane operator

crane operator Senior Member

Thanks for posting that daveyclimber, I hope things turn around for you. Its never fun when things don't work out the way you would like, and it really stinks when the things that go wrong are out of your own control.

3. daveyclimber

daveyclimber Member

But mulching trees sure is a lot of fun.