• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost of new pickups

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
In Washington State a manufacturer from out of state cannot sell directly in to the state. The manufacturer's only recourse is to limit the number of units that are available to a dealer in the state. MSRP means nothing in a free market society as the only checks on price are the demand for the item. It's why we are seeing prices on things like groceries, consumer goods and energy inflating. The idea of raising interest rates is to choke out the available money in which to expand business and society and is counter to a free market society. It costs more to put items in the supply chain which limits the numbers of items, which increases demand which allows the increase in prices and we now have the snake eating its own tail.

Price gouging is a loser's term because it means that someone can't have something because they can no longer afford it. To someone selling an in demand item, getting anything less than the most they can is bad business. That idea is OK for nice to have assets. It is pretty low when considering it in terms of have to have items like food, housing and energy.

Also counter to free market society is printing large amounts of play money and handing it out because certain portions of said society were ordered to close for two weeks. This hypothetical scenario could cause transitory inflation.

Truck Shop

Capitalism is just a description of what human behavior is and this is capitalism.
I agree-----------but---------------------facking someone just because they are caught with their
pants down isn't right. It's absolute low down zero respect behavior which should be resolved
in not a nice manor. I have zero tolerance when it comes to that it's nothing more than greed.
A businessman has a right to fair profit, and a consumer should understand nothing is free.
It also leads to inflation-a direct example is the housing market. And one individual that lives
off of and creates inflation is a realtor.

not a rant just a fact. Being a good businessman requires self respect and respect for their
customers.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Printing large amounts of money is because greedy people lockup their money in hidden accounts over seas to avoid their fair share of taxes. Having three mansions and multiple boats and airplanes and then whining about how everyone else should pay for roads, schools, research and the military and throw a fit because us farm animals want to make a living wage is why we came off the gold standard and onto the credit standard. I'm a bit tired of hearing that labor is the cause of all the country's problems.

It is a basic problem with the mentality of capitalism that it has come to mean that good business is only for the benefit of the owners and share holders and not society at large.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
That 10 speed has been behind the Duramax since 2020 and its outstanding.

chidog

Laws need to change so manufactures can sell direct. I can't stand auto dealers.
In 1972 a Boeing machinist trainee started at $4.24 an hour.
Funny deal, in 62 parents bought a new car for $1800. in 69 they almost got a new car for $2200.
Prices didn't move much from the mid 1950's to almost the 1970's.
Then at one point in time it went total nuts for pricing.

New truck, I wouldn't want one, even if free, the $ instead please.

Last edited:

ianjoub

3/4 ton and up pickups and C&C's are hard to get new here. At some point the supply/demand curve will change but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

It took 8 months for me to get a '22 F350 from order date to delivery. Haven't even received a build date on a '23 I ordered last October.
9+ months for me, ordered early Dec '21, received Aug 22

ianjoub

Printing large amounts of money is because greedy people lockup their money in hidden accounts over seas to avoid their fair share of taxes. Having three mansions and multiple boats and airplanes and then whining about how everyone else should pay for roads, schools, research and the military and throw a fit because us farm animals want to make a living wage is why we came off the gold standard and onto the credit standard. I'm a bit tired of hearing that labor is the cause of all the country's problems.

It is a basic problem with the mentality of capitalism that it has come to mean that good business is only for the benefit of the owners and share holders and not society at large.
Amen to everyone's fair share!

Everyone over 18 should pay $10,000 (or whatever number) in federal taxes every year. No need for the IRS, forms, audits, etc. Just pay your fair share!

ianjoub

I bought a 2017 F350 XLT, long bed, crew cab, diesel, 4x4 in 2017. It was $59k OTD (out the door). I got the same truck in 22. It was $85k OTD. That is over a 30% increase.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Laws need to change so manufactures can sell direct. I can't stand auto dealers.

Agreed. The franchise laws vary by state so a state could change their laws to allow direct consumers sales and bypass the dealers mark-up. Just think the money that would flow in from neighboring states that had archaic franchise laws.

Price gouging is a loser's term because it means that someone can't have something because they can no longer afford it. To someone selling an in demand item, getting anything less than the most they can is bad business. That idea is OK for nice to have assets. It is pretty low when considering it in terms of have to have items like food, housing and energy.

Agreed - there is no such thing as price gouging IMO. One man, society or the the gov't does not have the right to tell another man what he can sell his property for. Just like one man, society or the government has no right to cap what a man can make by the fruits of his labor.

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender
I try hard not to buy the new model of anything. There are always bugs. Heck, I just saw there is a class action suit against GM for 8 speed transmissions from 2013-2019. I want something proven, then I drive the wheels off it. When I'm done with it, it goes out in the pasture, nobody will want it for a trade in. Then I rob parts off it to keep other stuff running.
I bought my F150 the first year they went to the 2nd gen 3.5L Ecoboost and 10 speed. The 5.0L wasn't slated for an update and the 10 speed until the following year. Told the sales guy that if he had no leftover 1st gen Ecoboosts with the 6 speed that I'm going with the 5.0L.

I refuse to buy anything the first year of a model change or update.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I refuse to buy anything the first year of a model change or update.

That's why I am hesitant to actually take delivery of the '23 350 on order. It's not a major makeover like 2010 to 2011 or 2016 to 2017 which were both model changes that came out for the better IMO. However with supply chain constraints and overworked assembly lines it might be a different outcome this time around. My '22 has been great so far (secretly knocks on wood..:cool: )

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
You folks totally miss read what I typed.. so be it. This is what I was referring to.
link.

Didn't miss what you typed at all - just disagree with it. ;)

Looks like from the N/A designations several other states are on board as well.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
Agreed - there is no such thing as price gouging IMO. One man, society or the the gov't does not have the right to tell another man what he can sell his property for. Just like one man, society or the government has no right to cap what a man can make by the fruits of his labor.
That is the essence of it right there. 2 parties = good. 3 parties = not so good.

Truck Shop

Looks like 15 NA including Puerto Rico-that's not a majority. Odd thing is Alabama has a law
and mine Washington doesn't.

chidog

Amen to everyone's fair share!

Everyone over 18 should pay $10,000 (or whatever number) in federal taxes every year. No need for the IRS, forms, audits, etc. Just pay your fair share!
Funny stuff. I guess you bring in more than 20k per year? There are many way under that for their supposed income. So you would expect said person to live and have only 10K a year to buy all the inflated priced stuff and property taxes etc. etc? Think again. Instead of 10K per year you should mean 10% per year, and not for old retired folks that live on pennys as it is. Its bad enough to be paying over 6K a year just to live in your own home even if it is paid off.

ianjoub

Funny stuff. I guess you bring in more than 20k per year? There are many way under that for their supposed income. So you would expect said person to live and have only 10K a year to buy all the inflated priced stuff and property taxes etc. etc? Think again. Instead of 10K per year you should mean 10% per year, and not for old retired folks that live on pennys as it is. Its bad enough to be paying over 6K a year just to live in your own home even if it is paid off.
I do not want to break forum rules and this may be getting political. My point was a 'fair share' should be the same amount for every person. I do not understand why one person's 'fair share' is more than another's. They are both one person in society.

And no on the income thing. I think the government should not be allowed to spend anywhere near the money they do. 300M people x $1,000 is a quite sufficient budget in my mind.