• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cost of new pickups

Acoals

Occupation
Jack of all trades/Master of none
For me anything automotive or light truck I hate. Never messed with boats tho.
Try it sometime, makes cars fun.

Working on a boat:

1) The engine is buried down in a hole. A hole that always has moldy water in the bottom.
2) The engine is this old carbureted pile designed in 1970
3) The engine is cooled with pond water and gets run 2 hours a year.
4) Everything is slimy water/oil nasty.
5) The whole affair is up on a trailer, the sides of the boat are 6' in the air.
6) The whole affair is way out in the parking lot because it doesn't fit in the shop.
7) Did I mention the mold and mildew everywhere?

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Commercial fishing/diving vessels, RV's, semis, buses, they don't bother me to work on. What bothers me is FWD V6's and V8's to work on, at least a van has a dog house to crawl around on or through.

Truck Shop

Old friction cranes, forklifts and golf carts also come to mind. Container stackers are not fun either.
Everyone left out the King of Crap----The self propelled Rolling Sh!t House aka The Wife's Treasure,
The Palace in the Forrest, The Nest at the Beach.------The Motorhome. Those are so wonderful to
work on. Get one spot of grease on anything and the owners wife will be thrashing you with her
broom.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've had to appraise them a couple of times in the past. I don't carry those shoe covers in the truck so decided the income was not worth the amount of hassle that went into putting a value on them.