• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cosmoleen ?? "Cosmoline"

koldsteele

Occupation
Owner Heavy Equipment Mechanic
I ;ve got some motor blocks and crankshafts getting ready to store and have tried the ol wd40 and shrink wrap deal and was wondering if anyone knew where to buy Cosmoleen ,not real sure of my spelling on this lol...Anyhow y"all know what I'm talking about that god awful stuff that comes on new parts to keep'em from rustin ...Where would a man buy some ??

koldsteele

Occupation
RobVG...Thanks nieghbor thats excatly what i'm lookin for..

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
What about using Fluid film? You don't need to Shrink wrap it, it can be sprayed on and taken off easier then Cosmoline, it can be found locally most places. It's non hazardous and comes in quite a few different sizes. There's a dealer locater function on the site.

http://www.fluid-film.com/products/index.html

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I edited the thread title to make it more search engine friendly. I wouldn't have known how to spell it either. Now, using either spelling as a search term will lead to this thread.

koldsteele

Occupation
A C'mon digger ...RobVg cyphered threw my Hillbilly translation ..He nailed it thats the stuff ...sorry for my bad speeling ..lol

Last edited:

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Not criticizing your spelling. Like I said, I wouldn't have known it either. It's just that computers aren't as smart as RobVG. If you don't give them the right spelling they're clueless... :beatsme

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I second the Fluid Film idea instead of cosmoline.Fantastic protection.I go under my plow truck with about 4-5 cans before the first snow and hit every nook and cranny.No rust on my undercarriage.