• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Corn silage cutting

td25c

Here are pictures of my father and myself harvesting corn silage.We cut it in early to mid september.I like the bunker silo,Its dug in the ground like a walk out basement.it has a concrete floor.I dump the silage on the top and sides and push & pack it with the minneapolis-moline.

Attachments

• scan0009.jpg
    scan0009.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 1,811
  • scan0010.jpg
    scan0010.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,171
  • scan0011.jpg
    scan0011.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2,095

td25c

That Minne Mo is a cool looking tractor! :cool2

I like the G 1000 vista minneapolis-moline.504 cubic inch non turbo engine rated at 110 pto horsepower.The torque curve is wide on the molines.We pulled a 21 foot disc with it and I could pull the throttle back to 750 rpm with the disc in the ground and the moline would just chug along,then take it back up to 1850 rpm with no sweat.Those were the days! Most farmers "no till " now on the hill & ridge ground.Do you see many moline's in your neck of the woods ATCOEQUIP?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I like the G 1000 vista minneapolis-moline.504 cubic inch non turbo engine rated at 110 pto horsepower.The torque curve is wide on the molines.We pulled a 21 foot disc with it and I could pull the throttle back to 750 rpm with the disc in the ground and the moline would just chug along,then take it back up to 1850 rpm with no sweat.Those were the days! Most farmers "no till " now on the hill & ridge ground.Do you see many moline's in your neck of the woods ATCOEQUIP?

Nope, tractors like that are a bit rare around here. Mostly Deere and MF, a few Case/IH here and there.