• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

cordless impact

rdr

just got Milwaukee 1/2 and 3/8 not used them any one using the high m18 fuel stuff

ckblum

I got the Fuel 3/8 and 1/2 impacts, the 3/8 ratchet and 1/2 Fuel drill, also own the M18 grease gun. Planning on getting the new 3/4 Fuel when it comes out next year, as well as the 3/8 Fuel ratchet and 1/2 mid-torque impact. I use these all quite often, beats firing up the compressor or using a hand grease gun. Easily more powerful than air too until you get into the big impacts.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Is the term "FUEL" just a trademark name or do they actually run on a type of fuel??
& if they are just battery powered, whats the voltage?
I'm serious, its always confused me..

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
No actual fuel just a name. I have a drill, impact screw driver, and the 1/2" impact, and I have a bunch of m12 drills, impact screw drivers,3/8" ratchet and the m12 grease gun they are all exellent tools. The drills we use the heck out of every day at work, the grease gun,ratchet and impact are my personal tools that I use working around the shop, although we had the impact at work fastening the rim board for a deck to a house 4-1/2" x 3/8" galv. Lags through solid wood. We did about 20 of them on one battery. So as far as my experience with them I would highly recommend them.
They are 18 volt and the m12 are 12 volt.

wornout wrench

If you want to see various cordless tools taken apart and compared, check this guy out

https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil/featured

***WARNING***
He can be a little crude, if you are easily offended by language and off color comments, best not go there. This guy is NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.

But he takes things apart and tests them several different ways, explains the inner workings, gets way more technical than I ever will.

The vids he does on tools are called "BOLTR"
Bored
Of
Lame
Tool
Reviews

Trust me, they are not lame hahaha.

Old Doug

They got us a the 1/2 impact it works great but we dont leave the shop to work so i dont think it was a good place to spend money.

Wytruckwrench

I have the 20v DEWALT 1/2 drive. It’s a red one off of the Mac Truck. I love it. Batteries last well. Will break N14 head bolts loose.

mikebramel

If you want to see various cordless tools taken apart and compared, check this guy out

https://www.youtube.com/user/arduinoversusevil/featured

***WARNING***
He can be a little crude, if you are easily offended by language and off color comments, best not go there. This guy is NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT.

But he takes things apart and tests them several different ways, explains the inner workings, gets way more technical than I ever will.

The vids he does on tools are called "BOLTR"
Bored
Of
Lame
Tool
Reviews

Trust me, they are not lame hahaha.
Certainly one of the best channels on youtube

ckblum

I regularly remove wheels with mine, have used it on undercarriage work, in the mud, snow and rain (we get lots of rain). Sent the 1/2 impact in for warranty after dropping numerous times, the last time I dropped it on its nose and the anvil stopped spinning. The 3/8 impact and ratchet I just sent out recently, the impact had some electrical issues, but it has been subject to moisture all its life, submerged in oil and gets used quite a bit more than the 1/2 I find.

The M12 3/8 ratchet (non-Fuel, original) I find a bit disappointing. At first I couldn't put it down, used it for everything. After a while the switch on the head gets shitty, it seems to "slip" often (the little hammer moves but the head can be held still by grasping the socket). I wanna try the new 3/8 Fuel version, usually the Fuel stuff is more professional grade compared to the regular M18 line.

wornout wrench

I should mention that I am on my second M18 1/2 impact. The first one was awesome, when it crapped the company I work for very nicely replaced it. They replaced it with the same model that died. The second one is a complete POS. It will not even take the wheel nuts off of my Toyota. Not sure what the problem is, several of the other guys in the shop have the M18 FUEL and they rock.

My M18 3/8 impact did the same thing as my old 1/2 and quit working, once again the company replaced for me and this one is a good one.

JD955SC

The Milwaukee's are popular in our shop

The two or three that have tried Snap On have been disappointed