• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cordless grease guns

Pyro4x4

Indlube, thx for clearing that up. I knew I was fuzzy on the details. I'm wanting to say the issues started like 5 years ago.

Knepptune

We have a lincoln 12v. Battery went bad about five years ago. I just hooked two twenty foot wires with clips on the ends to it. I never have to worry about charging it. Go out to grease something just hook it up to the battery on the machine. Looks redneck but works great. I can go through a case of grease and never worry about the battery.

CaptainAnalyzer

Occupation
Young business owner
The only issue with cordless grease guns would be if you encounter a partially seized zerk, they usually do not have the power of a manual or an air powered gun.

1466IH

I can't say that I agree to that and in fact I have had instances where my Milwaukee has more psi than my alemite pistol grip. I love my Milwaukee stuff to death. Any tools of mine that have an electric motor in them are red. And I buy everything through fastenal. Having good tool and equipment dealers to me is as important as having good machine dealers. I had one problem with my 18v lithium drill because it fell into a lake when I was building my dock and they gave me a loaner while mine was getting repaired and the only thing I had to pay was the $23.50 for shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Firemanmike69

The only issue with cordless grease guns would be if you encounter a partially seized zerk, they usually do not have the power of a manual or an air powered gun.

I have an Alemite 14.4v one and it will put out 10,000psi. I have yet to find a fitting it won't pump grease into that I could with a hand pump

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Anybody else tried having there batteries rebuilt? After 3 years both batteries that came with my Lincoln greese gun went bad. I dropped them off at a local shop that rebuilds cordless batteries with new cells. That was about 2 years ago and they still last longer than the original ones did when new. Rebuilding runs about half the price of new replacements. They have done a number of different ones up to 28v with good luck for me since. They tell me there are different qualities of cells available and many tools have down graded the cells in the newer batteries.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have had some of my 18v batteries rebuilt and they have been great so far. Like you said 1/2 cost of new.

simonsrplant

Occupation
Heavy Duty Off Road RSE
I have had a snap on 18v grease gun for some years now. Awesome piece of kit. Probably not wort the asking price but I have their 18v impact gun, drill and torch all taking the same batteries. So I carry one charger, half a dozen batteries and I'm never left out.

Homemade

Anyone ever try the drill operated grease guns. I'm cerious if that would be a cheaper alternative then the milwaukee one I've been eyeing up.