• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cordless grease guns

greggn

Occupation
sandstone quarrier
Carquest had earlier this month the Lincoln 18 volt with a bonus hand pistol grip for 269.00

markshr151

I was reading this thread on my way to a job and was wondering if any of these guns will take the Dewalt 18V? I don't need more battery's and chargers .

libertyaz

Banned
First cordless grease gun come with motor of power 12v. But now It come with powerful motor of 14.4volt in it. That’s why cordless grease gun can easily provide you grease with high pressure. If you using cordless grease gun continuously then you will have to second charged battery with you. It is best option as compare to use Cordless grease gun with 12v motor. The new cordless grease gun will comes with 18v motor it means the lubricant more flexible, easy and fast.

OExcavating

I bleed mine the same way and have for years works great also if you let the rod suck in on its own instead of shoving rod in you dont get grease all over shaft.But it is hard to keep people from doing that .If you buy new gun try it you will wish you would have years ago. I use lincoln guns only problem is the tips dont last i have found some at TSC from another company and they work great.

timbo2410

I'm in the UK and looking for a good cordless greasegun. Having trouble with supply of Lincoln or Alemite over here and the price is crazy (they don't do 18volt Lincoln here either). I can get a 14 volt Lincoln on Amazon for around 100 Pounds (160 US dollars without shipping). But here in the Uk it is on sale for 294 Pounds (461 US dollars) ... anybody know of a USA supplier who is willing to ship to the UK at a good price? They do sell a Sealey cordless greasegun here but don't know the quality. Not willing to part with quite a bit of money without knowing the longevity.

OExcavating

grease gun

I'm in the UK and looking for a good cordless greasegun. HaviTtpng trouble with supply of Lincoln or Alemite over here and the price is crazy (they don't do 18volt Lincoln here either). I can get a 14 volt Lincoln on Amazon for around 100 Pounds (160 US dollars without shipping). But here in the Uk it is on sale for 294 Pounds (461 US dollars) ... anybody know of a USA supplier who is willing to ship to the UK at a good price? They do sell a Sealey cordless greasegun here but don't know the quality. Not willing to part with quite a bit of money without knowing the longevity.

Try www.buzzardgulch.com they might ship to you

Ace K

Occupation
Boat Ninja
I have three Milwaukee chargers any one know where to order a 12v grease gun only? I have tried Amazon the order timed out I tried AceTool it said it was in stock , it wasn't, my local wholesale shops have the whole kit.

Tinkerer

I have three Milwaukee chargers any one know where to order a 12v grease gun only? I have tried Amazon the order timed out I tried AceTool it said it was in stock , it wasn't, my local wholesale shops have the whole kit.

Try Amazon again Ace K. I just ran the gun only all the way through the shopping cart. I stopped when it wanted my CC number. Maybe your internet connection was slow yesterday.

DirtHauler

Occupation
Heavy Highway Dirt Hauler
Those Lincoln cordless guns are tough. I backed over on in the case with the dump truck and it still works!! The case is missing a latch and the plastic on the body of the gun is cracked and deformed, but it still works good. Thank god too, it was only 4 days old. The owner put it off to the side in the shade on the blind side of the truck so the operator would not run over it with the excavator...

earthscratcher

Occupation
excavating contractor
i have had a lincoln 14.4 for five years,last year the batteries started losing life,so went and bought 18v,used it about 2 months had a hard time getting it to prime.i had a little luck leaving stem out and letting it go in on its own,then all of a sudden it locked up like its on a plugged grease fitting,any idea how to fix? i just throw the 18v batteries on the 14.4 and she is pumping like never before!!i like the 14.4 body with 18v batteries it pumps a hell of alot faster,and its still working!!

Errol

I've always wanted to try one of those electric grease guns, but have been shy after three air powered guns died on me in about 3 years (2 Lincolns and one Princess Auto). Wasn't totally happy with the air powered, because you could never "really" know if the grease went in. All visual.

With a hand unit, you hear the grease "pop" and then you know you got er.

Now for several years, I have been buying 2 or 3 (probabally chinese) cheap guns every year, and when one dies, I have a new one on the shelf ready to go.

My biggest anxiety in buying a new electric, is how do you know how much grease is going in? Is there any "feel" to it? or do you have to put on a hose and feel the tightness? Must be a visual thing, same as the air powered ones.

PAcattech

Occupation
CAT field service tech (31yrs)
I've had A lincoln and have a Milwaulkee M12 for about a year now the long hose and battery life are great. I can run 7 or 8 tubes through it with out problem I highly recomend it

PhilDirt

I hear my Milwaukee cycle. If nothing goes in, the pump stops, just like a manual handle stops moving. If it gets air bound (which is rare) it runs away just like the manual handle moving freely.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I've always wanted to try one of those electric grease guns, but have been shy after three air powered guns died on me in about 3 years (2 Lincolns and one Princess Auto). Wasn't totally happy with the air powered, because you could never "really" know if the grease went in. All visual.

With a hand unit, you hear the grease "pop" and then you know you got er.

Now for several years, I have been buying 2 or 3 (probabally chinese) cheap guns every year, and when one dies, I have a new one on the shelf ready to go.

Errol---you can and will hear your ''pop'' when the grease comes out from under/around the pin for sure--it's no different than a manual gun.

As far as how much grease is going in,again ,no different than manual,I just observe what's oozing out.After about 8 years with both the 12 and 14.4 Lincolns,I can't even imagine hand pumping again with all the greasing I do.Just do it.;)

Pyro4x4

My understanding is Lincoln was sold out to a foreign country and is now being manufactured overseas. The quality has gone way down but the warranty is good. Still, you shouldn't have to have your equipment being repaired all the time. We have stopped carrying Lincoln for this reason. If my memory serves me correctly, I think we had like 60% of Lincoln products sold be returned on us the year before we dropped them.

Indlube

My understanding is Lincoln was sold out to a foreign country and is now being manufactured overseas. The quality has gone way down but the warranty is good. Still, you shouldn't have to have your equipment being repaired all the time. We have stopped carrying Lincoln for this reason. If my memory serves me correctly, I think we had like 60% of Lincoln products sold be returned on us the year before we dropped them.

Actually, Lincoln, Alemite and Reelcraft were acquired by SKF (the bearing people) awhile ago. Many Lincoln parts are manufactured overseas, and that is the issue with most US companies, hence shoddy workmanship, poor delivery.