• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cordless grease guns

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!
I have a new Lincoln 18v paid less than 300 with two batteries. Works great with through 5 tubes in a Jiff with plenty of power to spare.

si25

Occupation
On site maintenance engineer
anyone had any use of the new snap on gease gun? 18volt? not yet release over here in the uk, swear by snap on gear, quality stuff with the added bonus of the batteries fitting between the impact gun, drill, torch and possibly if i can get one, the grease gun. thing is, it's not cheap. dont want to cash out on it if it's going to be no good?

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I had a 12 volt Lincoln that worked perfectly[sold to a HEF member] and now a 14.4 volt version that is also flawless---and faster.Lincoln all the way.I do a lot of heavy greasing.

mitch504

I have a 14.4v Alemite and it is just as good as everything else of theirs I've bought. It has an automatic bleed valve that works perfectly. You just make sure you're holding it so that's the highest point when you release the piston rod and the air comes out with no grease, then You just mash trigger and go back to work. If you get an air pocket while greasing just hold trigger and it pumps right through. I don't know how many tubes to a charge but it's a bunch.

Local_139

Occupation
Operator
Anyone else have trouble with the Lincoln going through batteries? I'm on my 3rd battery in 3 years. They last about 9 months then won't hold a charge. I have a truck charger and a 110 v and it doesn't make any difference, by October or so this one will be done. I've bought the last 2 through Buzzard Gulch on Ebay for $63.00 or so, Lincoln through a dealer was about $75 and doesn't last any better.

I have a 14.4 Lincoln Power Luber now for 3 yrs now. Nothing but success and time saved with this purchase. I've noticed now that the batteries are sluggish and cannot hold a charge. My batteries only hold a charge for 2 tubes now :(

Check out this website...I'm going to give these guys a chance...I'll let ya'll know

http://cgi.ebay.com/WE-REBUILD-YOUR...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f37d9f9f

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
'139 try to charge the batteries with the 120V wall charger not the 12V charger. They will last longer.

BarnStarFarm

Lincoln 12v with 2 batteries, always have the spare in the charger- works great and makes it a little less painful to keep grease in our machinery - my 11 year old volunteers to do it for the fun of it. He may waste a little grease but he fits into tight spaces a hella lot easier than I do! Go 3-4 tubes on a battery unless it's really cold.

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I have a 14.4 Lincoln Power Luber now for 3 yrs now. Nothing but success and time saved with this purchase. I've noticed now that the batteries are sluggish and cannot hold a charge. My batteries only hold a charge for 2 tubes now :(

Check out this website...I'm going to give these guys a chance...I'll let ya'll know

http://cgi.ebay.com/WE-REBUILD-YOUR...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f37d9f9f

At the very least,I thoroughly enjoyed their video.:D I've been thinking this route. Let us know. Thanks.

Colorado Digger

we have 2 12 volt Lincolns with 4 batteries each. On battery pushes 2 tubes and when you put 6-8 tubes a day the guns get a work out. I figured out the batteries have a one yar warranty so we write the date on the yellow part of the battery that goes inside the gun. first sign of it gtting weak it goes straight back to napa. I really want to see how the 18 v works

Digger Dan

Just saw these at Lordco auto parts up here in BC the other day, inquired on the price and they list for over $1050 for the 18 volt, but they are on some managers special right now for $285 plus tax for the 18 Volt kit... Just a heads up

Speedpup

Occupation
President and all else that needs done!

si25

Occupation
just ordered a snap on 18v grease gun should be over here in about 3weeks i guess. Keep you up to speed on its productivity.
lets hope it is as good as the impact guns and drills...

Local_139

Occupation
Operator
well I just got one of my two batteries in the mail a few days ago.....I've gone through 8 tubes already and it's still kickn....WOW I highly recommend these guys!

$45 gets you a new battery

i have been using my milwaukee M12 grease gun for a couple of weeks now and i absolutely love it! i have always been one for maintenance but greasing equipment can be such a pain. now i have no problem getting everything lubed up. i have gone through 8 tubes of grease now and the battery still has a bar left on it. it was expensive and a lil frivolous but if my equipment will last longer bc of it i think of it as an investment. also another perk is the battery and charger fits my other milwaukee tools so i can share the batteries. HIGHLY recommended!

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Produc...446-21XC&CategoryName=SC:+M12+Cordless+System

dirty doyle

Occupation
dirt pusher
Thats how ive always done it, except another tip to keep your hands a little less greasy is to take the pump off, then pull back the plunger and push it back in(sometimes you need to do it a few times to get the tub out all the way), usually pushes the old tube right out, then you can just knock it on a garbage can or the machine or whatever and it falls right out.

find a bolt thread or something pointy to hook in the metal hoop left from the ring cap to pull the old tube out. Greaseless!

pinesd3400

Occupation
anything to bay the bills
12 v Lincoln

I got mine from Napa on sale for $180. Hand guns are alright if you have
three hands, thats why my hand guns are somewhere in the woods where
I flung them.. one hand on hose, barrel on knee, other hand to pump-good
bye

BarnStarFarm

Hand guns are alright if you have
three hands, thats why my hand guns are somewhere in the woods where
I flung them.. one hand on hose, barrel on knee, other hand to pump-good
bye

That's where all of my old pump ones are as well, either that or in the drink. HATE trying to crawl under a haybine or baler and push grease with a pump style- brace barrel against knees against the underside of the equipmet, hold hose with one hand and try and pump with the other- AARRGGGHHH! :Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead:Banghead

si25

Occupation
new 18v snap on electric grease gun arrived today. as usual i am impressed with build quality. time will tell the real deal i guess. will have it with me on site and will give it a real hounding. watch this space for a report.