1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Cool Demolition Jobs!

Discussion in 'Demolition' started by Wolf, Jun 2, 2007.

1. ddigger

ddigger Senior Member

contractor,owner operater
    I was running the hammer as a favor for Silverado Construction who was the demo contractor, they were a sub for CC Meyers, and the cat excavator I own. Worked out well for me as they paid full rental on my hoe the whole time I was running thiers. It was a first class operation they put us up in a very nice hotel and catered all three meals in a building on treasure island open 24hrs a day as the job ran around the clock.
    Right now I am on a demo at Travis AFB in Fairfield, we are tearing down 500 houses on the base.

2. Big Tackle Boy

Big Tackle Boy Active Member

Hey, that was awsome vid, thanks for sharing :)

3. AtlasRob

AtlasRob Senior Member

owner operator
    AWESOME ! :notworthy thanks for bringing it up BTB I'd missed it, absolutely stunning. :drinkup

4. 9420pullpan

9420pullpan Senior Member

I went back in to my archives (box of pics), and found some pics of when the demoed the remaining portion of the Lake Placid Club. The majority of it on the right of pic was destroyed by a fire. The portion to the left is what was being demolished.

LPclubairview.jpg

This Link is an article with a brief description of the Lake Placid Club.

Jackson Demolition Services, Inc was the contractor who did a majority of the work. They ended up crushing the brick from the building and used it as road base else where on the property.

SCAN0017.jpg

SCAN0018.jpg

SCAN0019.jpg

SCAN0020.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  5. 9420pullpan

SCAN0022.jpg
    The Deere 200LC and the Macks are from Harlow Excavating. I believe they were contracted to clean up the wood and other debris.
    SCAN0024.jpg

SCAN0025.jpg

6. 9420pullpan

7. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

Lake Placid Club

Awesome pictures of the Lake Placid Club job. Looks like a cold job. When did that demo take place, Pullpan?

8. 9420pullpan

If I had to guess it had to have been 2001-2002

9. Sparffo

Sparffo Well-Known Member

Demolition contractor
    Hi!
    I have been busy as ....
    But the grapple is way better when you have to sort out the debris, you can pic up a beer can without breaking it! also when demoing brick buildings you can break/load the structures with the same tool, and do it in alsmot any position because it trurns 360 degrees.
    watch this video were a girl gets undressed by an excavator:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWSxFWv3Fo

demo buisness in soo much more than just picking up oversize concrete slab ;)

But then again, this tool is not good for breaking concrete or heavy metal structures, then you just end up breaking the turn on the grapple...

Attached Files:

10. Wolf

Wolf Senior Member

What a crazy video. That can't be real, is it? Girl looks kinda nervous, though.

Dirtman, you gonna try this????

11. sylentmite.ca

sylentmite.ca New Member

if you come across rocks or concrete that needs to be removed and your concerned about vibration, check out non explosive demolition agents!

12. case9030b

case9030b Well-Known Member

Bit of tree pullin

Attached Files: