• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Converting Volvo EC 210 From A Standard Boom To A Long Reach

GBGNO

Hi all,
I am considering purchasing an aftermarket long reach set up for our Volvo 210 shovel. The set up comes with the boom, dipper, bucket cylinder, and a grading bucket. Does anyone have a machine that they swap booms as necessary or in general knows whether or not the same cylinders that are on my standard boom will work for the long reach set up or will I be looking at also purchasing different stroke length lift cylinders and dipper cylinder. Any help much appreciated. From what I've been told this aftermarket assembly is specifically manufactured for the Volvo EC 210 B as well as LC models.

uffex

Occupation
Admin
Good day Gbgno
From the best of our information the boom cylinders are the same for both Long reach as Standard see attached for more information.
Kind regards
Uffex

Attachments

• EC210-240-290 B LR(21).pdf
    445.4 KB · Views: 10
  • LR kit.jpeg
    LR kit.jpeg
    40.5 KB · Views: 7

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
I dont see any mention of heavier slab in your list of items in this conversion kit. You will definitely be front heavy and lack stability without a heavier slab/counterweight

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The don't usually put more weight on the back for long reaches. They just tell you to use a tee spoon for a bucket. I've also seen limiters put on the pilots to slow down the movements of the implements and swing to try to decrease the shock loading of sudden starts and stops. I put a couple of those fronts on gray market Komatsu machines and didn't do that. One went to a rental place and they tore up the stick and boom something terrible. The other to an owner operator who had no problems at all.