1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Converting Volvo EC 210 From A Standard Boom To A Long Reach

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by GBGNO, Feb 21, 2019.

1. GBGNO

GBGNO Member

Hi all,
    I am considering purchasing an aftermarket long reach set up for our Volvo 210 shovel. The set up comes with the boom, dipper, bucket cylinder, and a grading bucket. Does anyone have a machine that they swap booms as necessary or in general knows whether or not the same cylinders that are on my standard boom will work for the long reach set up or will I be looking at also purchasing different stroke length lift cylinders and dipper cylinder. Any help much appreciated. From what I've been told this aftermarket assembly is specifically manufactured for the Volvo EC 210 B as well as LC models.

2. uffex

uffex Senior Member

Admin
    Good day Gbgno
    From the best of our information the boom cylinders are the same for both Long reach as Standard see attached for more information.
    Kind regards
    Uffex

Attached Files:

3. GBGNO

GBGNO Member

Thanks Uffex much appreciated

4. funwithfuel

funwithfuel Senior Member

Mechanic
    I dont see any mention of heavier slab in your list of items in this conversion kit. You will definitely be front heavy and lack stability without a heavier slab/counterweight

uffex likes this.
  5. John C.

John C. Senior Member

Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
    The don't usually put more weight on the back for long reaches. They just tell you to use a tee spoon for a bucket. I've also seen limiters put on the pilots to slow down the movements of the implements and swing to try to decrease the shock loading of sudden starts and stops. I put a couple of those fronts on gray market Komatsu machines and didn't do that. One went to a rental place and they tore up the stick and boom something terrible. The other to an owner operator who had no problems at all.

uffex likes this.