• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Control pattern

Savage

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Operator
My bad, the direction you push or pull the control is backwards. The control is on the same side.
I should have been clearer, sorry

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
Controls?

I can't offer any help on this one, and really dislike boom trucks anyway! Good luck.

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
The old Northhwest rigs did have right hand swing levers.

I did however have the chance to run a much newer one [it was air] in '84 tho that was set up like any other standard crane, with the controls having the lever on the far left being a swing clutch lever. Seems as tho NW had went to the more standardized control layouts by then.
I'm pretty sure the northwest I ran had the swing on the right(I was only on it for a day), thats what made it different from anything else I've run.

Oldcraneguy

40 ton Nationals are great! They run like a crane, I spent the last 3 yrs on one and never regretted the move, No more wrestling heavy pads and cables or stacking weights. Road legal with the pads on, CWT welded in place, heck I used to get an attitude if I had to get down and unhook my own headache ball...lol, the controls are as John h said unless it has 2 drums then the scope will be the middle pedal. I havnt seen one with dual axis joysticks (backhoe controls IMO) and hope I never do glad your job went well..Don
Oh Rule of thumb on swingers= PUSH the boom away---PULL it to you