• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Continuing education classes/seminars for fleet mechanics??

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
I work for a municipality with a very diverse fleet of medium/heavy trucks, tractors, excavators, graders, dozer, rollers, wheel loaders, etc. I am one of four mechanics in the fleet maintenance department. The leadership says they want to offer training to their employees, but little has been offered since I've been working there (4 years). I would like to get some ideas of where I could locate some training courses/seminars for our mechanics to periodically keep us "up to date". Specifically, I would love some general training on the tier 4 emissions and SCR systems found on today's heavy duty trucks. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, that'd be great. Thanks.

ScottAR

Hit up your parts suppliers. Many parts suppliers offer short courses. I work in the auto aftermarket and our suppliers offer courses several times a year. Usually after hours but they buy dinner. My company will foot the bill for me so I go to as many as I'm able.

RLU_tech

Occupation
Mechanic
We did some Napa classes which are very detailed, but are geared towards automotive. I guess I will ask around to some of the vendors.

51cub

Occupation
semi retired
I would say dealers first. Community colleges are another possibility. CT has a program they call Technology Transfer Center. It's more for the road crew than fleet maintenance, but you can look to see if WI has anything like it

lantraxco

The local NAPA I used to use had air brake seminars at least, some others geared toward class 8 trucks, which was nice.

Bell901

Hi there. It's really importnatn question in present days. It's really great that you are interested in education. it's commendable that you care about your future and think ahead about good experience. But if you want to get a good education you should engage in self-development and maybe ask for help professionals like https://pro-papers.com/gb/engineering-writing-service and then you will definitely can get some general training on the tier 4 emissions and SCR systems found on today's heavy duty trucks