• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Construction Stop Motion

Iron Horse

That does look real. All you need now is a service vehicle working on those boom hoses so he can finish loading .:D

curly

Occupation
loader operator
Great video, I especially liked how the excavator fell in the hole then got right back to work!

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
As you commented on mine also, yours is far better, I need to build myself a sand box or something for mine, only problem is then mom would complain about having these "Dirty Machines" in the house. :(

Nice vid

cat 325ccr

COPPA
thanks! my dad wont let me bring it back into the house because oh the dust it makes when you breathe it in its not good for you, we brought it to ohio to a model show, those pics were taken in the back of his truck

[-Agent-]

COPPA
Occupation
Student
thanks! my dad wont let me bring it back into the house because oh the dust it makes when you breathe it in its not good for you, we brought it to ohio to a model show, those pics were taken in the back of his truck

It can't be as dusty as my room today when we cleaned it and got rid of all my "baby" toys. :)

oakland

COPPA
Occupation
high school
i did something like this today its not nearly as long as yours or as well laid out. but it gives my tripod a job.:D nice vid i really liked it.

Excellent job! I've wanted to do something like that with my own diecast models for a while now, but I just can't seem to find enough "dirt" for it. The model railroad ballast that I used as "dirt" covering for my diorama is too expensive to buy in large quantities. I could always get some dirt from the backyard, but then I'd have to break it down, sift it, and bake it (to kill anything living in it) - which might take almost as long as the stop-motion film would take to make. :beatsme

At any rate, you have inspired me to revive this once-dead project. I must admit - the idea of using a separate "sandbox" for filming is ingenious - my original thought had been to modify my existing diorama with plexiglass sides and fill it with dirt.

I'm curious, cat 325ccr - what kind of camera did you use for this project? Do you have one of those fancy DSLR cameras with at least fifty different lenses or do you use something more along the lines of a Sony Cybershot? How many frames did you end up with in the final compliation?

cat 325ccr

COPPA
Excellent job! I've wanted to do something like that with my own diecast models for a while now, but I just can't seem to find enough "dirt" for it. The model railroad ballast that I used as "dirt" covering for my diorama is too expensive to buy in large quantities. I could always get some dirt from the backyard, but then I'd have to break it down, sift it, and bake it (to kill anything living in it) - which might take almost as long as the stop-motion film would take to make. :beatsme

At any rate, you have inspired me to revive this once-dead project. I must admit - the idea of using a separate "sandbox" for filming is ingenious - my original thought had been to modify my existing diorama with plexiglass sides and fill it with dirt.

I'm curious, cat 325ccr - what kind of camera did you use for this project? Do you have one of those fancy DSLR cameras with at least fifty different lenses or do you use something more along the lines of a Sony Cybershot? How many frames did you end up with in the final compliation?

this one was done with my Canon PowerShot SD1000 but I use a Canon PowerShot SD750 for stop
motions to

I ended up with like 500 to 600 pictures

Last edited: