• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

considering rc 100

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
we have been looking into an rc 100 for our tree farm. it would be equipped with forestry mower(tree grinder), six way dozer blade, grapple, and bucket. our dealer told us $80,000 for all.(plus brush cage). is this a good price?

Attachments

• rc100dozer.jpg
    rc100dozer.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,355
  • rc100grappleforx1.jpg
    rc100grappleforx1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,656
  • rc-100_brushcutter_front_375.jpg
    rc-100_brushcutter_front_375.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 2,286
Last edited:

jazak

Seems it; I know those forestry mowers aren't cheap + al that other stuff....... a NEW CAT 277B is close to $55K + attachments so it seems like a decent price.

334 lawn co

Occupation
surplusonthe.net equipment auctions
well, i have now found a 2004 takeuchi tl150 with cutterhead(1650hrs.) and a forestry package, 1999 ford f550 6 speed 7.3l, and 25' trailmaster 20k lb. gooseneck for $90,000. im considering it. its in my area.

9420pullpan

i have herd bad things about their undercarraiges i was told from a cat guy who measures tracks all day. he says that they fall apart and are a very bad design. so i would consider looking into a deere>

jtbshaw

Occupation
Business owner - manufacturer
Out of nearly 2 years of steady use, my brother has had zero problems out of either of his 2 units.

580bruce

How can a cat guy badmouth a ASV track sysem? Look on a cat _ they are built by ASV! DUH! I have spent many a hour on a RC-60 and it is an outstanding machine.Cat has tried to put their spin on them,and it falls short.In my opinion,the ASV is a superior machine.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
i have herd bad things about their undercarraiges i was told from a cat guy who measures tracks all day. he says...

How can a cat guy badmouth a ASV track sysem? Look on a cat _ they are built by ASV! DUH!

That's why part of the Forum Rules say:

This site is designed for the exchange of information. It is not however, intended to provide members with a forum to trash one manufacturer over another. Third party experiences are discouraged, unless you were on hand to witness any problem the third party may have had with a particular machine.

Note that the word used is "discouraged" and not "prohibited", because let's face it, we all share things we've heard from someone else. It goes along with the philosophy of, "Learn from other people's mistakes, because there's not enough time to make them all yourself." We don't have time to observe all the experiences others have ourselves either, and so we repeat what we've been told, in an honest effort to share infromation.

I'm not saying Pullpan was wrong in passing that observation along, becasue it was an honest effort at passing along an opinion he felt came from a valid source. Rather, I'm just cautioning everyone to recognize that third hand (or fourth hand, etc.), information should be viewed in it's proper perspective. (If Pullpan's source was here, we could question him directly as to why he said that. As it stands, we have only what he said, and no chance for further clarification or enlightenment, or to correct anything that may have been mis-understood. That's what makes the experiences of a third party not necessarily carry the same weight as your own.)