• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Considering New:

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Thinking about replacing, or supplementing my 1845C Case tractor with a new New Holland, or Deere CTL. I can get either at very close to dealer cost due to being very good friends with the New Holland dealer, and having family in management at the Deere dealership. No particular favoritisms to me and have never really operated either. Looking at 74hp max as don't want to deal with the DEF, and emissions issues I see far too often on the larger machines.

Any favorable, or negative remarks to either line? What are leading indicators to trouble on either make? I see New Holland's products more often that Deere but that's because I'm around them more often. All get beat on pretty good I see but it's only the larger machines with the emissions problems are the one's I really haul in for repairs.

Thanks,

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I only buy the higher hp machines in the CASE version, I have yet to have an SCR issue. I am a firm believer in running them right, reduces a lot of issues. But if you are only interested in the under 75 hp version, than its a none issue. The CNH versions don't have a DPF which I think is a huge plus. I have spent a good deal of time in the TV370 and TR310 both are good machines. I am what they equal to in NH numbers, but the machines are the same. I dn't know anything current about Deere, but I like the CNH version.

1693TA

Occupation
I am looking at either a NH 332, or 337 machine. I've operated both and once inside they are both comfortable and quiet. Both take some wrangling to enter for me especially when forks are installed. My boots are always hanging up in the opening and floor recesses it seems. There is a plethora of options available and I'm in the early stages of looking being undecided what to end up with. I do however need to remain within the offerings of NH, and Deere however due to pricing I can get.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
If you can use a smaller machine and eliminate DEF I'd highly recommend it. It's why we run 279's since they are 74 HP and no DEF. For us we have dozers and a 953 for earthwork so we don't need a large frame CTL.

We need just need a utility machine to clean up, fine grade and move light materials around the job.

Bam Bam 171

If you can use a smaller machine and eliminate DEF I'd highly recommend it. It's why we run 279's since they are 74 HP and no DEF. For us we have dozers and a 953 for earthwork so we don't need a large frame CTL.

We need just need a utility machine to clean up, fine grade and move light materials around the job.

289 uses DEF? Just curious as it has the same HP.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
No DEF on 289’s either. Same base machine different arm configuration.

1693TA

Occupation
Yes, I can do without the really high power machines and emissions problems I see. I'm interested in more lifting capacity, quiet operation, and comfort during operation in reality. I don't make a living working dirt but certainly enjoy it and am expanding/growing slowly as it's more of a hobby. Being retired and having guaranteed income ensures I can stay small and more of a "hobby operator" also without concerns of profitability.

1693TA

Occupation
I spoke pretty extensively with the owners of the implement dealer I help out and think I'm going to order a C337 series New Holland with high flow hydraulics. Never have had anything requiring that but I may at some point. The C337 has a larger frame than the C332 series and is more comfortable to operate. The C345 is the same frame but upsized in horsepower and does have DEF which I do not want given the problems I've seen with these, and that emissions system overall.

It could take six months to get this in so planning to order pretty quickly. A new one showed up yesterday and was ordered back in October as example. Probably going to retain my 1845C also as it's so damned dependable and the kids are very comfortable operating it.

Here's a link:

https://construction.newholland.com/nar/en/equipment/compact-track-loaders/pages/c337.aspx

Old Doug

Your smart for keeping the 1845 that way you will have a machine to use when the new one is down.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Once the kids get savvy to the 337, they will not want to be running the 1845C. The 337 is a good choice for what your looking for.

materthegreater

I know it hasn't been six months yet, but just curious if your machine has arrived yet? If so, how do you like it?

1693TA

Occupation
It has not arrived yet. I am getting anxious however but there is no definitive date for delivery.

1693TA

Occupation
Once the kids get savvy to the 337, they will not want to be running the 1845C. The 337 is a good choice for what your looking for.

Thank you and I know you're right. We had a new 345 come in last month and it's been back twice, once for DEF issues, and the other an air conditioning problem. The DEF issue was a sensor, (common occurrence) and I don't know the A/C issue except not cold.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
I have had a TR340 that was DEF, currently have a SV340 and TV450B all DEF. Thousands of hours between all the machines and never have seen a DEF issue. Maybe just lucky

Chris Lewis

How do you like your c337 I’m curious, I’m looking at a c337 or c332 cabbed for farm use, it will not get used much I have a Takeuchi TL140 with only 840 hours but it’s noncabbed, we mainly use it for downed trees and very little dirt work. Also thought about a Kioti TL750 but no much data on them being there first year selling them.