• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Condenser

Old Doug

I never saw one go bad until the last few years. I have replaced 2 on a guys 70 F600 and a buddys 3010 wouldnt start i told him to replace it that fixed it but a year or so later he called and said it wouldnt start it was the condenser agin.Is their something else goting on?

colson04

+1 on the pertronix electronic ignition kit. Simple to install and basically maintenance free. I 've used them on Volkswagen engines used in sandrails. They work very well and can take handle the abuse of hard trail or dune riding all day. Don't use off brand electronic ignition kits though. They quickly become more work than points. Pertronix is the name to trust.

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
Yep, no reason to stick with the points setup. switch it and be done. plus they run better and don't need adjustment.

Old Doug

I have used alot of stuff with points and other than haveing to change or clean them on something that i bought or has been seting i cant complane.I read about the pertronix but one thing i didnt see is will the same system work on 4 6 and v8s?

DIYDAVE

I have used alot of stuff with points and other than haveing to change or clean them on something that i bought or has been seting i cant complane.I read about the pertronix but one thing i didnt see is will the same system work on 4 6 and v8s?

Basically its broken down into voltage and grounding. 12 + or - ground and 6 volt + or - ground. needs a coil with 3 ohms resistance, too. PM me and I'll give you the name of a company, that sells them, at a good price...;)