1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Concrete crushing- what should we charge?

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by NorthWest, Nov 4, 2015.

1. NorthWest

NorthWest Member

The company I work for recently purchased a concrete crusher to crush concrete onsite for ourselves to save on trucking costs. One problem ( or a possible good problem if there is such a thing) is we have been asked to crush for hire for some other people... Small piles 1,000 yds and under. We load the crusher with a 200 sized hoe. What and how should we be charging out? Roughly producing 120 yds per hour. Last couple of jobs we've given an hourly price but I wonder if we could be making more if we do by the yard and take the risk to produce what we say we can. Your thoughts and opionions will be appreciated

2. Chrisrogeri

Chrisrogeri New Member

electronic recycling los angeles
    according to what?

3. pondo

pondo Well-Known Member

The guys I work with all talk in Tons, not yards via scale off crusher.
    Combined including Ex to feed and conveyors/loaders $4.25 t for "A" gravel.
    But it has to be already small enough pieces for crusher.

What crusher you running?

120 yards p/hr so your getting 90 to 100 t/hr ie 5 triaxles dump trucks?

4. Raff

Raff Member

Yeah generally depending on the crusher and wear, and area you are in you could charge reasonably anything from 5-14dollars a ton. What crusher did you purchase? Contract crushing is done set price by the ton of a set of calibrated belt scales, then wear and sometimes fuel can be included into that as well for example I know a company here outside Brisbane that get $18AUD per ton with diesel included + wear cost covered in a pit here.

5. dozerman400

dozerman400 Well-Known Member

Heavy equipment operator
    By the hour is safe. One piece of steel the wrong way can jam a belt and slow you down. Dust control can be an issue.

6. borisdavenport

borisdavenport Member

driver
    just ask the same question to some junk removal company in your locality. You will get the idea about market price. Most of them offer a free quote.

7. ol'stonebreaker

ol'stonebreaker Senior Member

retired
    Rebar and mesh in the concrete can make costs go up considerably if your plant isn't configured to deal with it. A ripped belt is expensive to relace or replace timewise and $$wise. An electromagnet is a great help but never catches it all.

OOPs! I just caught that this is an old thread.
    Mike

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  8. RjMaan

RjMaan Active Member

Well, to be very honest. I think you should check your local market for the charging of concrete crushing because it depends on the cost of fuel, labor and some other factors which may varies from place to place.

9. Wes J

Wes J Senior Member

Around here you can buy crushed concrete (we call it "cam") for $13-17/ton. Dunno if that helps.