• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Composting oats

Demo man

I'm in the proses of cleaning up a elevator that burnt down and there what about 85,000 bushels of oats that we hauld out and going to compost. My question is what are some of the tiping fees you would see for this? Differnt landfill rates? We ran all the compost though a 2" rock screening bucket so there is still some wood peces the compost. The plain is once it is composted down, we will run it though a screen plaint To clean out any ash and wood that is left. Any thought would be great. Thanks

watglen

Occupation
Farmer, drainage and excavating contractor, Farm d
After composting, you'll have a nice fertilizer source there.

You should be able to sell it for spreading on farm.

ken

Demo man

At this piont it is all composting right now. I plain on runing it through a screen and a magnet to get all the nails out. Just trying to figure out what other place might charge for tiping fee at a landfill. one by me said they charge 30 dollars a yard and i thought that was high.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Demo man. I'm not quite up to speed on this one. What's the talk of landfill? Are you composting to reduce volume? If it's going to landfill why bother with the cleaning/screening?

As Watglen mentioned if composted properly that material should be quite a valuable saleable commodity.

Cheers

Demo man

Scrub puller
I was just checking place's that do composting, and some of the landfill do that around here. It won't be landfill, it is in it's own aria where they compost it. They charge 30 per yard to dump off there and that was what i was seeing if anyone get charged anywhere else they go.