• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Compact Track Loader Dozer Blade

billman555555

Ive seen Cat and a few other people offer Angle Adjustable Dozer Blades (some with float functions aswell) for their skid steer/compact track loaders. Anyone got any expereince with these and how well they go?

PDG X

Occupation
Owner Operator
I have a Cat 96" angle / tilt blade for my CTL. Just like a regular dozer - takes a bit to master, but it works well. Best when you keep the loader arms down tight against the stops for hard cuts, and use the loader tilt to raise / lower the blade by rocking it fore/aft.
Does work better on solid soils as the shoes/skids need to be supported with torsion axles on the CTL or they will allow the machine to rock when the blade bites causing a choppy cut. Real sandy soils don't provide great support as the blade is heavy and the skids aren't supported well.

billman555555

I have a Cat 96" angle / tilt blade for my CTL. Just like a regular dozer - takes a bit to master, but it works well. Best when you keep the loader arms down tight against the stops for hard cuts, and use the loader tilt to raise / lower the blade by rocking it fore/aft.
Does work better on solid soils as the shoes/skids need to be supported with torsion axles on the CTL or they will allow the machine to rock when the blade bites causing a choppy cut. Real sandy soils don't provide great support as the blade is heavy and the skids aren't supported well.

Cool, they sound like a worthwhile investment, instead oh having to buy an entire D3/D4. Thanks

f311fr1

I have a CAT dozer attachment for my ASV RC85 snd RC100. It works very well. It takes a bit to master the operation.