• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Compact telehandler??

barklee

I have been watching compact telehandlers for a long time and finally decided i would like to have one. I think we would use one of these as much if not more than a 6000-8000 lb machine.
I have been looking at either the Terex/ Genie 5519 or the JCB 520 machines. The JCB is a fuzz smaller but i dont think measurably. These two seem to be in the price range i am looking and i think both machines are pretty prevalent. I was hoping someone could give a review of both machines and the pluses and minuses of each one. I have never ran the JCB machine so i have no comment. I only ran the Terex machine once and didnt pay enough attention to make any good observations. Any help would be great!

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
They are both great machines why have a ton of both at work in very large rental fleet.the jcb will reach a bit higher than the genie .I work on them as road mechanic .I would buy were you have good service and parts availability.

Last edited: