1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

compact loader vs skid steer

Discussion in 'Compact Wheel Loaders' started by barklee, Jul 28, 2010.

1. lake side bob

lake side bob Well-Known Member

owner operator
    I have a Waldon 5100. My question is how does your Waldon dig into a stock pile of dirt? Does it get a bucket of dirt? Mine only gets the cutting edge into the pile then stops moving into the pile, hadrley nothing in the bucket. I plan on putting full lockers in the differential axles to see if that would help. Can you communicate what performace you get from your Waldon loader.

2. Bison

Bison Well-Known Member

Bison rancher
    You got to raise the loader while slowly rolling the bucket back while moving into the pile, like you would with a bigger wheel loader

3. laketreefarm

laketreefarm Well-Known Member

Owner
    My digs fine in loose dirt. Just push in and roll the bucket up as you get part way into the pile. Hard ground forget digging with a Waldon unless it has down pressure and posi. The machine is top heavy for dogging work and most of the older machines never had down pressure as it was made to be a yard loader for Foundries. We use ours to load dirt mulch and pallets in our receiving/shipping yard. Does ok on grass into mulch piles but forget digging compacted dirt with a Waldon. We use our other loaders that are balanced better and have teeth and full down pressure and limited slip axles to dig hard ground. I have a Terex SCL-515 that digs hard ground faster than a JD-350 dozer. .

4. turfguy87

turfguy87 Member

I've got a waldon 4000...anyone know anything about these?