• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

COMING SOON.....New Product Introduction THIS SUMMER Mustang 1050RT

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
I was kind of wondering that too. Its only 34 hp so I wouldn't think it was very big. I think some manufacturers have really downsized the hp on some machines trying to get under tier regulations?

Are you going to be changing tracks on it that often- that it needs to be powered track tensioner? Be real handy to accidentally hit that button in a mudhole and flop a track. Because you know it would only happen in a mudhole.

I don't think detensioning the track would help with the freezing. I've had to load up a bobcat track machine and haul it into a heated shop. Wet mud in a track machine and a hard freeze overnight is a big pain. They can also pack up with snow and become a frozen block of ice.
ASV, which WAS the Terex just came out with a 25hp version for the same reason you mention. I personally feel tier 4 on the under 50 HP is Stupid. They can't POSSIBLY be degrading our environment with as little volume of exhaust as they make...

DIYDAVE

ASV also has an RT-40 model, same size as the RC30, but bigger motor, maybe some of the other parts are beefed up, too. $43 grand, or thereabouts, tier 4 without def. Looks a lot more modern and service friendly, than my RC-30...

apetad

Occupation
Compact Construction Equipment Sales
One time we didn't clean the undercarriage out on a CTL on a Friday just before Winter hit, temps went subzero over the weekend. Machine was stuck to ground, and the mud had froze the undercarriage into a block of solid mud. I had to haul down a diesel fired infared heater and thaw each side of the machine, took hours. If the guy that leaves the machine like that, has to unstick it, tends to solve the issue from happening again.
Park it on top of some logs and that won't happen, (I'm told) Really don't have that problem in Texas

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
It wasn't stuck to the ground, the drives, caked in mud were frozen to the undercarriage.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
One time we didn't clean the undercarriage out on a CTL on a Friday just before Winter hit, temps went subzero over the weekend. Machine was stuck to ground, and the mud had froze the undercarriage into a block of solid mud. I had to haul down a diesel fired infared heater and thaw each side of the machine, took hours. If the guy that leaves the machine like that, has to unstick it, tends to solve the issue from happening again.

Never had one froze down but I have had plenty of tracks so full of frozen mud by the time we quit for the day that you could not clean them out. Running in unfrozen ground in sub freezing temperatures is quite common in the northland. We tried to run around on frozen ground to get out what we could that was against the undercarriage and park on froze ground or on logs if possible. Always made sure the rollers were not froze in the morning in them conditions.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
One time my 321DL was frozen to the ground in Alabama! We cleaned the UC the night before but it wouldn't budge and it wouldn't lift itself off the ground until mid-morning when the sun and temp was rising.

As far as the little Mustang it looks cheaply made and if the picture is not distorted the bucket is too big for it.

Welder Dave

I don't really understand the engineering of CTL's. Since they use tracks, I think a much better design would be similar to a larger track loader like a 953 just on a smaller scale. Would be more stable going up and down slopes and you could get in the side instead of crawling over the bucket.