• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Coleman Equipment is No Longer a Case dealer

Tinkerer

Sad how CNH treated a long time Case dealership. Below is a copy and paste from their website.
Also a link to the website for anyone that wants to see it.
We are sorry to have to announce that we are no longer a Case OEM Dealer.
After being a strong local dealer for 79 years, Case CNH has decided that we don’t fit its long-term dealer strategy. We had asked Case to keep a parts and service contract for a little while longer to continue to support all of the customers that put their trust in us as a dealer, but they chose not to extend that, either. We are sorry for any trouble this causes you. We are still here to support you as much as we can. We have tracked down many high-quality aftermarket replacement options for Case parts, and our trained technicians can still perform maintenance and make repairs in our shops.
https://www.colemanequip.com/parts/case-parts/goodbye-case/

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Well that sure bites!

Some SOB in a suit that doesn't know his "you know what" from a hole in the ground probably made that decision.
I personally never had need to deal directly with Coleman but did on several occasions point people in their direction when they needed help and parts.

This may in a way be a good thing for those looking for aftermarket parts for older equipment as now Coleman will be free to offer more support and knowledge in that area.

crane operator

In 2013 they joined up with 2 other dealerships that were kubota dealers, and offered the full kubota line at all their stores. I would guess that case wants their dealers to be fully into the case lines of skid/track loader, and small tractors, not pushing kubota also.

I also wonder how much pushback they were getting from case headquarters over their e-commerce selling case parts. Some dealers and manufacturer's are really strict on "territory" and you don't sell parts in some other dealers back yard.

If the case construction side is anything like the agricultural side, there's probably some dealer with 39 locations, that will now have two or three more.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Not related to this particular situation but has strong parallels........

Being part of a large organization obviously words such as "business efficiency", "lean operation", etc, etc, (you all know the buzzwords) are rife. MBA's with no practical experience abound.........

Well I gave the perfect comeback to one of these germs the other day when he was sounding off about the latest efficiency program that he is "facilitating" that seeks to increase profit by "increasing efficiency" (i.e. cutting costs) - "Remind me again just how well that approach worked for Boeing". His face was a fcukin' picture .........!!