• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Coal Mining Accidents

16H

I work in a rapidly expanding coal mine, with the giant influx of new people to our site and new to industry, we have been having a lot of near misses and accidents, it seems that some of these newer people have no respect for what they are doing nor do they understand the huge forces involed with machinery of this size, unfortunatly we lost a team member last year, an experienced engineer who in the normal course of his duties, while checking a highwall he slipped and fell, to a lot of people it was a wake up call, but it seems a few still think they are bullet proof, our managment team shut down the mine for 3 days to run a huge saftey course in risk managment hazard ideification and a whole host of saftey related items, things seem to be improving, but that being said we tipped a bulldozer on its side on our last night shift, so what Im trying to say is keep your eyes open watch your mate and be safe cause every body has the right to go home!