• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

CM's not so exciting demo

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
So as not to take away from the other thread requesting interesting demo jobs, this one is more typical but fun none the less.

This was a burned house that the owner has been waiting on the insurance company to settle everything and get their home rebuilt.

Well this is the first stage of getting the family back into their home:

First pic is right after making the "everything is a go - right" phone call.:cool:
Second pic is the mini-hoe loaded up in the 30 yard (Look Squizzy no ramps):D
Third is "first bite"

Attachments

• P6040403 (Small).JPG
    P6040403 (Small).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,680
  • P6040402 (Small).JPG
    P6040402 (Small).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,682
  • P6040407 (Small).JPG
    P6040407 (Small).JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,690

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
One more installment of "how the loader turns":

1st Pic: We're committed now.:cool:
2nd Pic: It's time to get it on the ground.
3rd Pic: The hook is ready for another can
4th Pic: Almost finished - final cleaning tomorrow

There is nothing like demo!:drinkup:D

Attachments

• P6040410 (Small).JPG
    P6040410 (Small).JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,724
  • P6040414 (Small).JPG
    P6040414 (Small).JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 1,680
  • P6050415.jpg
    P6050415.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,678
  • P6050417 (Small).JPG
    P6050417 (Small).JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,674

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver

Ooohh, I think Digger's not gunna be impressed when he gets home:D

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Hey CM, did you have to wait until Digger went to work before knocking his house down???:rolleyes:

I wasn't going to embarass digger, but he is actually sub-letting a space in the back yard from the folks that own the house that burned down. Obviously people fear the reaper it just doesn't pay that much.:beatsme

We got there a little early this morning and I knew that he would be tired after a long night of capturing souls and such, so we tried to keep the noise down, but I can only do so much.:rolleyes:

Ooohh, I think Digger's not gunna be impressed when he gets home:D

Once the initial unpleasantries of waking up the "reaper" with a 953C at full throttle and a back-up alarm were smoozed over, we told him he should be able to be more "mobile" once the demo was complete and he calmed down a little.

More pics and commentary tomorrow.:cool:

Last edited:

euclid

Occupation
Engineering
was that house a modular? I didn't see a slab? looked fun but I guess you could get into trouble if you weren't paying attention.

Wolf

awesome demo shots CM

Awesome demo shots. Doing demo with a loader . . . SWEET. You can totally feel the power in the machine trashing some place with a loader. Gotta love it.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
was that house a modular? I didn't see a slab? looked fun but I guess you could get into trouble if you weren't paying attention.

This house was probably built in the '50's out of solid sawn dimensional lumber. It was a crawl space, the foundation was CMU laid on the ground with brick piers holding the floor system up in the center.

I kept the debris in the center of the house to build a ramp so I could reach the main ridge of the roof.

This pic shows the outside beam of the floor system with the loader on it. Look at the bottom left corner of the foundation.

Attachments

• P6040413 (Small).JPG
    P6040413 (Small).JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,588

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
What made this job somewhat of a challenge was the fact that not only was the house built over the property line there was the neighbors chain link fence 3' away from one side of the house (on the same side of the lot where the house was over on). The area circled in red is the chain link fence. At one time I almost soiled my britches when I was taking down that side of the house and the outside wall buckled outward toward the fence. Luckily it stayed where it was and allowed me to reach up with the bucket and drag it back towards the center.

Would've been easier with a track hoe, but this was a "run what'cha brung operation".:D

Attachments

• fence.JPG
    fence.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 1,579
Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Once the initial unpleasantries of waking up the "reaper" with a 953C at full throttle and a back-up alarm were smoozed over, we told him he should be able to be more "mobile" once the demo was complete and he calmed down a little.

And now for the rest of the story.............

A few pics of the reapers abode, quite fancy for it's time (see pic #2), although the age is starting to show. This particular model ....ummm house, was fitting for someone of the reapers status. It's not down by the river but it's quaint, with a slight hint of desperation -:cool2

Attachments

• P6060406 (Small).JPG
    P6060406 (Small).JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,493
  • P6060409 (Small).JPG
    P6060409 (Small).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,510

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I didn't ask how the fire actually started but my bet would be that it was electrical. Looked like it started in the living room up front, because it was torched down to the studs and the kitchen was in the back and still had cabinets hanging on the wall.

There were 3 more of these burned houses on the same street.

The last interesting pic of this project, loading out some concrete. I cringe everytime I have to load broken concrete with nasty rebar like that into my dump truck. First I put at least a 1/2 bucket of dirt into the bottom of the bed first for a cushion. I like to seperate the worst concrete/rebar and put it into the bottom of the truck, followed by the smaller pieces of concrete and dirt. Keeps the tarp from getting tore up to bad and doesn't interfere with the high-lift gate on the dump bed.

Attachments

• P6060403.jpg
    P6060403.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,440
Last edited:

D5G

too bad you didn't have a torch on site, that would have taken care of everything.I am guessing by the looks of that granite that it is fairly new? I am glad to hear someone concerned about their equipment, as a lot of people just plain don't care about their equipment.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
too bad you didn't have a torch on site, that would have taken care of everything.I am guessing by the looks of that granite that it is fairly new?

Yeah a torch is nice, just too lazy to drive across town and get the service truck. :rolleyes: The concrete slab was the front porch of the house so there was not that much concrete to haul off.

The tri-axle is an '07 model Granite. 405HP, Allison 6sp auto which is nice in traffic. I have posted some pictures on here when it was new but can't seem to remember which thread is was in.:confused:

Hey CM is that a 1/2 round bucket?

The dump bed is an OX hardox 1/2 round demo bed. It has a regular gate and high-lift gate which is a life saver. We haul everything from sand and gravel to demo debris and stumps. We don't have a problem with things getting hung up in the tailgate anymore. You just have to be careful and not let anything obstruct the lift arms for the tailgate at the end of the bed.

nedly05

Nice job CM, did you load everything out with the loader, or have some help from the mini, I know that CD can be hard to get in the bucket with out a thumb, grapple or something like that, looks like you had the wood munched up pretty good though!

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Thanks Nedly. I pretty much loaded all of it with the loader. Brought the mini along to pick up the odds and ends instead of using the loader to chase the small stuff around and getting too much dirt in the demo debris. I was going to use my S250 with a grapple but it wouldn't fit into that particular can.

Since the old house was on a crawl space, the front porch foundation wall was sunk a couple feet below the front yard. It's not to bad loading demo with a loader when you have something to push against, but the last couple of buckets can get real aggravating.:Banghead So I used the cut where the old porch was to push against, using the mini to clean up what little was left. The mini is also good for filling in the small empty spaces in the can.

When I demo something I like to pull all the debris to the center of the structure and just keep running over it to get it crushed, using the debris to build a ramp up to the higher parts of the structure.

Would've liked to have had a hoe but my 325 is tied up on another job and too big for the site, had to sell my 321 and I don't think we could have gotten a RGN lowboy through those skinny streets anyway. Brought the loader in on my tag, blocked the whole road up but was able to get the rear ramps off the asphalt.

Wolf

sweet pictures. Bet it was fun to do it with a loader like that. Total destruction!

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
CM very nice job, got to love the hooklift. Nice looking job, good clean up.

Wolf

I kept the debris in the center of the house to build a ramp so I could reach the main ridge of the roof.

Like the way you built up the ramp to get the loader high enough to reach the roof. Awesome shots man.