• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Cmark's random photo thread

Cmark

Mmmmmmm...... Capsure GET. Best thing since sliced bread if you're a mechanic who has to change it on a regular basis.

I don't know what your ground conditions are like Nige, but around here, most of the time it's bone dry and the locks can be a bit of a battle to remove after they get packed with rock dust. Our boys find that giving them a good old rattle with a needle gun and a soak in water to be a good strategy, but whatever, still easier than the J series equivalent.

AzIron

You got that right. Anything's better than having to swing a 14lb hammer and try to hit a pin driver held by what appears to be a drunk....

That reminds me of growing up holding a pin driver or a shake bar as we called it for dad swinging a 20 lbs on things every time he would hit the punch he would yell stop moving damit oh find memories

92U 3406

Occupation
Wrench Bender

Reminds me of a job I was on as a shop apprentice. Had a mid-sized excavator in for carrier rollers and bucket pins/bushings. I was under the machine, changing out the carrier rollers while the shop clown was welding out the bushings. He never bothered to clean the grease out first. He was completely oblivious to the 10 foot high flames coming out the bucket pin bore until someone yelled at him. Lucky he didn't burn any grease lines or hydraulic hoses off the arm.

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
Round here we call them a Chicken Bar, for the blokes that are too scared to hold one without a handle. :)

View attachment 199430
We used to weld a 3 foot or so piece of cable 11/8 or 11/4 dia. to the punch for a handle. Pretty much eliminates the shock to the hands from a miss aimed hit with the hammer d.d.

dirty4fun

We had to break holes in an old concrete floor for posts. I held the the star drill and dad hit it with a maul. I think it called single jack and it two people were hitting the star drill double jacking. There sure were some vibes going through my hands, but got the job done. That was a long time ago.
Today I had to dig with my mini excavator some trenches for the electrician. We had to hand dig for two hours to find the other electrical line to a hog confinement building. We started early but it was a hot and humid day to be doing that. He had a heart attack a few years ago and I am 70 so the dirt didn't fly to fast, but we got it done.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Were the pic's of the Cat Excavator taken at the Cobaki Lakes development?