• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clutch oil specs?

jvenables

Hi all. I only visit here occasionally but it's time to post a question. I live in Laos and have a little Furukawa CD5B dozer. I have always had a mechanic do the servicing but I need to change the oils myself and I am stumped: the lubrication chart calls for "clutch oil" but I have no idea what this is and Google isn't being my friend! Can someone advise what spec oil I am supposed to use in this instance? Is it something like automatic transmission fluid?

I have already purchased sufficient stocks of engine and gear oils but this "clutch oil" just has me bamboozled!

Thanks in advance, James.

Furukawa Five

Hi; a really quick questions for... My Furukawa CT5 needs a new universal joints between clutch housing and final drive assemblies... do you maybe have access to parts? Thanks

JimInOz

James,
The similar Mitsubishi BD2F crawler calls for CD grade SAE10W ENGINE OIL in the Direct Drive clutch. This is 40 year old information.
Hitachi dealers used to help a little with Furukawa parts,but are not interested now.