1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clearing history

Discussion in 'Geek Patrol' started by Old Doug, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

When i first log on to my computer it will show stuff that i have logged on to in the past and i would like to delet this. I have went into the history and cleared it but it dosent clear every thing.

2. Delmer

Delmer Senior Member

Use something like Ccleaner. I'm not recomending that one, that's just what I use, even though I've read it's not as good as the competition. The free version works fine, it just takes some reading to figure out where to click to actually get the free version.

3. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    If you're looking to not leave traces of where you've been with cookies and such then use firefox's 'Private browsing' but keep in mind if you want to visit a site later and can't remember how you got there firefox won't be of any help ;)

Michael467 likes this.
  4. Tinkerer

Tinkerer Senior Member

I use the paid version of Mil Shield. There is a free trial version. It works very well.
    Be sure you have all your passwords stored somewhere. It will log you off websites that require passwords.
    https://www.milincorporated.com/milshield2.html

5. fast_st

fast_st Senior Member

IT systems admin
    Doug, not sure but if you're using firefox jam this into your location bar

about: preferences#privacy

remove the space between the : and p because it just makes a raspberryface.

good stuff in there.

6. Michael467

Michael467 Member

Wow didn't know that. Good tip!