• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark-Michigan loader parts

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Just as well, looking up and selling Michigan parts has been a pain in the ass for us. Most of the Michigan parts are only on Fiche or in a book. If Volvo really wanted to sell the parts they should have incorporated the Michigan line in Prosis. Plus the old Michigan fiches cards were all black with white text so if the card got scratched it made the text illegible. Can't wait till we get away from selling Michigan parts.

ruralexmech

gggraham could i ask what Prosis is? Sounds like its been a hell of a time with parts for you also. Hopefully parts and everything will get better with this rights transaction. After all, every one of the Michigan loaders are built tough as **** so getting the parts to keep them running should be nice. Glad to hear that parts are becoming more of a focus and hopefully they can be more integrated to the 21st century with everything being put on the web.

Komatsu 150

Generally when a company does this it's just a way to wash their hands of their old customers who keep coming in and annoying their parts departments with requests for parts for old obsolete machines instead of buying nice shiny new stuff like they should. Along the same line it really bugs me whenever I bring my old Bobcat to the dealer, I have to listen to a lecture about it's too old to repair before they will actually work on it.

ruralexmech

Yeah parts issues are always a touchy subject. Mainly because of the moral issue of how long machines should be kept running. Some companies like the ones who make a lot of capital can cycle their machine inventory fairly often so they can sell the old equipment, even if it isnt fully worn out, to some other company. On the other hand, you have companies that dont make as much money as these huge companies and they usually run their machines into the ground because they cant afford to keep buying new machines, or they buy the used machines from those big companies looking to sell the slightly used machines. Either way the smaller companies then need parts more often and sometimes the OEMs dont have the parts because they only make new machines. Its a tough situation =/

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Prosis is the Volvo parts system, so far only available to dealers. We have a logon and password to access Volvo parts. I am not sure if they have any parts lists online for customers. But I wish Volvo had put the Michigan machine into Prosis but so far nothing. I know Case is wide open anyone can search online for parts. I think Cat and John Deere you need to log on with a model and serial number.

Komatsu 150

Some companies just don't understand yet that it's a big plus for them to have info on line. I've been trying to get some parts information for a Clark forklift (Clark used to own Michigan) but the company has nothing on line other than sales brochures. I hope it's not true but I've just been told that if the dealer sells me a parts book it won't have any real part numbers in it - only the dealers get to know the part numbers, I guess.

tweety881957

Wonder if anyone can help me out I am new to this and am looking for parts for a michigan 75A . any help would be greatly sappreciated, the big thing i am looking for is ( i have been told is called) a charge pump

stevev

Occupation
Sales MGR
Call us here at MinnPar. We do support the machines. Can assist with parts look up. Many parts previously discontinued by Volvo are being re sourced and re produced to OEM specification.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Call MinnPar me here at MinnPar 800-889-3382 will gladly assist with Michigan Parts look up.

stevev,
Did you bother going back and reading the original post to this thread? I take it you didn't. I started this thread myself to inform members that Michagan loader parts can be obtained from MinnPar.

And since you made three posts in a row asking folks to contact you, I also assume you did not read the "no solicitaion" policy of the forum. You're allowed to make one "introductory" post telling folks who you are and what you do, so let's consider this is your introductory post. If you continue to solicit business on the forum, the mods won't take that lightly. :)

fendtman

dont be hard on steve, If I was looking for parts, I would be happy that steve replied,. How is volvo as far as a company to supply reasonable parts for there machines.

stevev

Occupation
Sales MGR
replied based on the fact we can assist those un able to look up their parts or having difficulty, to offer assistance to those with questions as some of the response to your original post was not entirely complimentry to the product line. I would hope those in need of parts would purchase through their local dealer. which we can supply to the dealer.

stevev

Occupation
Sales MGR
thank you. Volvo does not supply parts to a large number of these machines any longer. As stated in the original post, The product line now belongs to MinnPar. We are here to help :)

stefdiesel

good day, i have a michigan 55b with a detroit 4-71 and i would like to swap the engine for cummins 6bt (dodge 97) i have this engine with only 100 000 miles on it, i love my loader, im retired from the army and ii have time to spend on it, thanks.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
dont be hard on steve, If I was looking for parts, I would be happy that steve replied,. How is volvo as far as a company to supply reasonable parts for there machines.

I was not being hard on steve fendtman, on the contrary, attempted to do a polite favor for him by informing him of the forum policy which is taken very seriously by the mods. Since steve works for MinnParr, it's very likely he can become a valuable resource for members having difficulty finding parts for their Clark/Michigan machines. But the forum rules still apply, and it would not benefit any member if he were to be banned from the forum for posts that appear to be soliciting. ;)

mickemalm

Occupation
Contractor - Earth moving machines
Hi guys,
I run a small business here in Sweden and I have a 1981 Clark Michigan 75B. I really love it and as a machine buff I want to rebuild it during our slow winters. A workshop manual or something similar would really be helpful when working on it but I haven't found one. Is there a workshop manual of some sort to be found out there?