• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark Michigan 35 planetary gears

Rob2263

Hi all long time lurker first time poster!
After looking through what I believe to be every post regarding planetary gears I’m still yet to find the answer I need.
I own a 1978/1979 year Clark Michigan 35AWS forklift, from what I can tell it was made and exported for the Australian Army.
The issue I have is that for some unknown reason one of the planetary gear sets was removed, whether this was due to a shredded gear or over reasons I’m not sure. I know that all the axles are ok as I removed the gears from the rear and it functioned fine.
Obviously it is now only 2 wheel drive being either front or rear depending which end has two sets of gears.

my question is, since I am located in Australia and we have very limited amount of spares for these loaders and the Clark/Volvo dealers here are absolutely useless when it comes to spares for old machines, can anyone suggest any other models that use the same planetary gears.
The gears I have identified with the Clark spare parts catalog list OEM part number 123618 for the gears I require.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Rob

Reactions: DB2

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
You could reach out to Cooke brothers equipment in Michigan here in America. They salvage old machines, maybe able to help with used components. Then there's midwest industrial sales in gardener Illinois USA, same thing, salvage and refurbishing. Good luck.