• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark electric forklift Please Help

KeithDaley

I have a Clark TMG 15S electric forklift Serial No. Tmg248-2007-9570 KF

The problem I’m having is it will not go into foward or reverse. Normally when I put it in gear I hear the motor run and the power steering starts working. As of right now the the motor will not run, the power steering does not work and will not move forward or reverse. However the lift controls still work as well as the side shift. I do have a error code on the display that shows (- 01) with the Red wrench light on for service.

I have already checked the parking brake and seat switches, they are both working. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but all the problems started after I transported it on a carhauler down a pretty rough road. Thanks in advance

TD24

Occupation
RETIRED (Mostly)
Check your fuses....
Older Clark's (TW30/40) had separate fuses for hydraulic pump and drive contacters.
Should have same voltage to F and R contacters as to pump contacter.
Things may be wired different now. Hope it leads somewhere.

KeithDaley

Check your fuses....
Older Clark's (TW30/40) had separate fuses for hydraulic pump and drive contacters.
Should have same voltage to F and R contacters as to pump contacter.
Things may be wired different now. Hope it leads somewhere.
Thanks I checked the only I could find and it’s good? I’m not sure if there are any more

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
It been my experience with old electric forklifts that when they lose 1 direction of drive, it is always the drive contactors. Usually on the back of the counter weight there will be a big old plate to take off. The contactors will be under there. Watch them from a safe distance (arc flash) while someone operates the forward/reverse shifter to determine which contacts are moving. Unhook power and dress (file) those contacts smooth. 9.5 times out of 10, that will fix it.

timstar2

I had a similar issue. On electric crown lift after it came off transport truck. . i disconected the battery packs at anderson plug. Then checked. The contactors you might find one of the small wires has fallen off the side of the contactor or is loose. Sometimes just disconecting them the pluging back can reset it .

KeithDaley

UPDATE
The problem was a broken wire. The power wire that runs to the seat switch is routed under the battery tray and the tray rusted out so the weight of the battery pinched the wire.

BillG

Battery state of charge (on dash display), electrolyte level, does anything else work or not, any codes (again dash display) ?

Delmer

So that's all of the hydraulics, right? It still drives OK though? that should narrow it down to the control wiring for the hydraulic pump, power wiring to it, or the hydraulic pump/motor itself.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Agreed, that sounds like none of the hydraulic functions are working. Locate the hydraulic pump motor and see if it gets powered up when you pull a lever. If it was only one function, I'd say check the micro-switches on the control levers. Could be the pump motor, could be the contactor controlling the pump motor. Most machines have a separate hydraulic pump and motor for the power steering, be sure you're checking the right one.