• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark C500-50 Filters

jhoi

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for any info. I have a new to me C500-50 ser 355 293 4046. Its a 4cyl LPG...anyone know which motor I have from the serial? I picked up 2 manuals from farmfleet...one of them is very detailed specs for overhaul stuff (like tolerances on how to regrind the valves)and one is a very generic parts manual that might predate this machine a bit.

The air filter has a number on the cover so its good. Oil and trans oil are ???

Called a localish outfit that is supposedly a dealer and didn't seem to be very helpful or knowledgeable. My parts manual shows these to be cartridge style filters but they are most certainly more modern spin on style...and the mounts etc look to be factory original..both on the side of the motor under the seat. If anyone can produce a couple part numbers that would be very helpful. The engine oil filter has 12202 on which may be a Match filter number...never heard of em but it crosses into some common brands possibly.

Engine oil is a little milky but I've heard that is pretty common on these if they aren't brought up to temp and ran...gotta get her flushed out and cleaned up so I can see whats really going on. Doesn't show any other symptoms of head or head gasket disease so fingers crossed.

After I get the basic covered I plan on doing the alternator and brakes. Hopefully the parts manual will be better on that. Anyone have a good dealer that they can recommend for when I cross that bridge?

JPXL_20231007_192209079.jpg
PXL_20231009_014351909.jpg

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
We had one of those years about 30 years ago. I'll see if I can find the old filter numbers. Engine looks the same as what we had.

OFF

Occupation
HD Mechanic
Fram numbers, we used Fram 30 years ago. Don't hate.
Oil PB-50
Air CA-70PL
Hydraulic PH-8A

That PH-8A is an automotive number, I know they make a Hydraulic version HP-1 maybe?
1622 NAPA, B252 Baldwin

jhoi

Lol...I try not to hate on Fram. That PB50 shows as a cross to the Match 12202 so that's a very good sign. I am gonna do a flush rinse and repeat so I didn't want to order a case of the wrong ones!

Thanks!