• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Clark 290M Scraper Turbo Parts

Mike Davies

Hi all, so glad to find this group! I'm helping my friend rebuild his scraper. We noticed leaks in the turbo and took it out. However, in overhauling the turbo, the mechanic can not find the seals (and gaskets). He said "all my old suppliers have passed away"! Apparently Clark has been purchased by Volvo, and they don't support supplying parts like these. Since these guys I'm working with mostly don't use the internet, I'm reaching out on their behalf to you all on their behalf. I don't know if it matters, but the Serial Number is: 2420-088-9384. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

1466IH

Turbo should be no problem to source. There used to be a company that would rebuild the complete machine and they also turned them into ag tractors. They were called rite tractors. Believe it was clark290m.com

Vetech63

Unless its something exotic you should be able to source parts and service for that turbo locally. Is there an ID tag on the turbo you can post a pic of here?

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Most turbos have an ID tag somewhere on the turbo..
It’s either on the compressor housing (aluminum hsg) or a tag on the center section..
Worse comes to worse, the manufacturing info that’s on the aluminum hsg will get u in the ballpark..ex: Holset C3

Mike Davies

Wow, thanks everyone for the replies! Here are pics of the tags in it I saw....
The engine is a Cummings NT 380 CI or C1. Does that help??

Attachments

• James Scraper Engine a.pdf
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
  • James Scraper 2.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • James Scraper 3.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 5

Mike Davies

Any more ideas? I tried Rite Tractors phone number, but that has been disconnected. There are no local dealers who have these parts. Volvo, who currently owns Clark does not support these older machines. Other ideas??

Bluox

Any more ideas? I tried Rite Tractors phone number, but that has been disconnected. There are no local dealers who have these parts. Volvo, who currently owns Clark does not support these older machines. Other ideas??
Call a Cummins dealer with that engine serial number ,they should be able to tell you which turbo that motor came with heck they may even have one.
Bad Bob

Mike Davies

My apologies, I messed up! It’s the torque converter behind the motor that needs the parts, not the turbo on the engine. Sorry for being a beginner in this business :)